A different kind of robot - Transformers Furai Drift!

One of the newer arms of the Cthulhu-like octopus that is Transformers branding and merchandise is brought to us by Flame Toys. Their “Furai Model Kits” are buildable, smaller-sized versions of their incredibly detailed (and expensive) “official third party” figures. I have a few of these kits, and while they look good, I was very eager to see how they actually built up as models.

I started with the kit I had been very much eagerly hoping to get, namely Drift. As a samurai-inspired giant robot warrior from space, he’s halfway between a Gundam and a traditional Transformer in design, and the kit looked freakin’ awesome!

It’s done now, so you can judge for yourself how good these Furai kits are. I’ll tell you this; they’re not up to Bandai’s HG standard…yet. However, if Drift is an indication, these guys have a solid grasp of the basics, and their products should be given respect! Check out my completed Drift at the link below and tell me what you think!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/flame-toys-non-scale-furai-models-drift/

drift-done-13.jpg?w=420