MH-47G/F upgrade? Is there no one willing to do it in 1/48th scale?

On 3/4/2022 at 8:26 PM, zerosystem said:

Xtream Modelers Studio has said their conversion is complete and available for sale but I haven't heard anything about payment methods for ordering. 

I'd stay away from that guy. His stuff is nice-yes, but a wee bit overpriced and has not fulfilled orders after taking some modeler's payments!

Tim

What all is needed? While the decals in the line will always remain Marine Corps specific, our resin line will be branching out to cover a much broader range of subjects. I'm currently gathering information for a possible MH-60S conversion for the Italeri MH-60K kit. 

Others will have more than me Dave but in short, new sponson fuel tanks, radar nose (new clear nose section depending on the kit), refueling probe, flir, external pod for the side of the fuselage, forward rotor "pylon" is a little different, exhaust shrouds and lots of various lumps and bumps for sensors, flare and chaff launchers. 

MH-47G

2cf51b0b2f4df7ad4f11a7f5f7ae008d.jpg

Vs

CH-47F

cd420fb9a2630a224367395247cf30ed--united

On 3/6/2022 at 5:11 AM, Dave Roof said:

What all is needed? While the decals in the line will always remain Marine Corps specific, our resin line will be branching out to cover a much broader range of subjects. I'm currently gathering information for a possible MH-60S conversion for the Italeri MH-60K kit. 

I would love it if you or Floyd would start putting out sets for the Italeri MH-60K, especially stuff to bring it up to modern -60 standards.  MH-60M nose, LASS, stuff like that.  Wishful thinking maybe.

On 3/6/2022 at 5:11 AM, Dave Roof said:

Dave,

I think the best conversion was the Werners Wings 1/35th scale MH-47G. If that can be downsized it would be sufficient for all other models with the large tanks.... including the Canadian F models. It would also be nice to see options for the conical engine filters and the Dust bin version along with the Snowshoe Skiis for the landing gear.

Regards

Emil

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just purchased the MH-47 kit from Xtreme Modeler Studio and cannot be happier.  I have attached some photos below. The kit came well packed with no damage to the parts inside. The conversion has many parts (have not opened up bags yet) with no casting blocks. The sponsons are molded as a single piece with many small parts for the rest of the details. The are also a new set of blades and the front nose with glass is molded in clear resin. For those that missed the 1/35 version, you now have one in 1/48. Communication was excellent and it arrived quickly along with special gift.

20220628_070539_resized.jpg

20220628_070802_resized.jpg

20220628_070904_resized.jpg

Glad it worked out for you @skarpins25. Give us a rundown of the parts included when you get a chance.

I know it’s been hit or miss when ordering from these guys so maybe a little bit about how you ordered and your opinions on the process.

It was $100USD plus shipping.

Pretty comprehensive but I'm still waiting on instructions.  Most of it should be okay with reference photos but I'm just waiting to see where to make cuts for the sponson replacement. 

It was $100 plus $10 shipping to the United States.  I did not get instructions either but he did sent 51 photos that shows all the parts as built.  The can be seen well as they were cast in tan and the donor kit was green so they stand out and with what can find online, I think one should be all set.  I honestly did not worry about as I have had other kits such as this and I was fine.

As for contacting, just send PM from the Facebook page.  It may take a day or two, but always got a reply even with asking many questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Be very careful when ordering anything from this guy. I ordered and paid for his HH-60G set several years ago, and he gave me all kinds of excuses for delays and then he stopped responding to me.

He recently apologized and told me my set was on its way, but never gave me any proof. And the set never arrived. It turns out a friend of mine was helping him with the MH-47 set and called him on the fact that he never sent me my set. So lots of promises that will eventually fall flat.

Save your money, do not give any to him.

mason

• 2 weeks later...