Just picked up some F-51 ILL ANG decals for an F-51 Mustang.   I was wondering if anyone has any or know of any good reference photos, I can only find one.   I am trying to figure out the color of the spinner and if they had un-cuffed propellers 

PwCnOYXl.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, eraucubsfan said:

Just picked up some F-51 ILL ANG decals for an F-51 Mustang.   I was wondering if anyone has any or know of any good reference photos, I can only find one.   I am trying to figure out the color of the spinner and if they had un-cuffed propellers 

PwCnOYXl.jpg

Is this the decal set? Looks like a tan color to me but there isn't anything out there for colour photos with a quick search to confirm.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/dekls-da48049-f-51-mustang-169-fighter-squadron--1305583

I would say this F-51 has the cuffs due to the darker areas at the roots. Compare with this photo. The UTAH and CALIF birds are uncuffed while the NEV is.

https://laststandonzombieisland.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/f-51d-mustangs-of-the-utah-california-and-nevada-angs-in-1948-144thfightergroup.jpg

Cheers,

John

Edited by CF104
Fix links

Hi John-

I was able to find out some information through a P-51 Facebook group.  Yes, those are the decals I have.  The spinner is a actually a copper color.  As for the propellers, it was mentioned that they had both, so either would probably be okay.