Rivets for Zvezda 1/48 Hind kits

Yes, Arma in Russia. They are great and the carrier film disolves well with Mr Color Levelling Thinner.

As far as I know they only sell direct so it might be tricky to get them at the moment.

Arnaud

It wasn’t an easy birth, almost a year in making but it seems at last those modellers who wanted to make the Mi-24 Hind kit look better with all the distinct mushroom size rivets now can do it!    : )   : )

Images of the rivets on both the art-work, on backing paper, on plastic and in the end with a layer of camouflage colour painted on.

Is it any better than the Russian companies rivets? Who knows, only time will tell. At least it will be available (hopefully) much easier here in Europe. Release should be in May.

Yz6lk4y.jpg

yeHoQFr.jpg

JTBKUwA.jpg

UyyreNw.jpg

a07qk8j.jpg

JHSW5EO.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

And here I wasn’t going to get the kit and just stay with 1/72. I may need to rethink as those look great. Any ballpark idea on price?

Edited by Tank
10 hours ago, Tank said:

And here I wasn’t going to get the kit and just stay with 1/72. I may need to rethink as those look great. Any ballpark idea on price?

I have just seen the shocking news about the price on modelforum cz:

Here: https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123405&start=585

The company eduard prepared a set of rivets for M-24V (1/48, Zvezda) for April.
The selling price according to the price list will be 1625, -CZK

This is somewhere between 60 and 70 Euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply crazy for an aftermarket set just for the rivets which should have been originaly on the kit and made by Zvezda.

If you consider also purchasing a cockpit set (since it is also completely naked), not to speak of other additions like photoetch parts to detail outside and inside, resin weapons. In the end you will have a kit worth almost a WnW Lancaster . . .

This is what I was saying when this Hind kit first came out, one has to spend a fortune to get it up to standard it should be on with production levels of 2020's!

Best regards

Gabor

3 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The company eduard prepared a set of rivets for M-24V (1/48, Zvezda) for April.
The selling price according to the price list will be 1625, -CZK

This is somewhere between 60 and 70 Euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply crazy for an aftermarket set just for the rivets which should have been originaly on the kit and made by Zvezda.

At this price I'm perfectly happy with my Arma sets, which I got for about 8 euros a few months ago 🙂

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Thanks for the information…..ouch.

Well look at that, 1/72 kit is looking really good now, especially since it’s already in the stash. 😂

Sorry I did not add that this rivet set is for the 48th scale Zvezda kit. 

As for the 72nd kit. I have it also and like it. Would have liked to have some rivets on it but . . .  At the weekend did some measuring of actual rivets and many of them are real mushroom size! 

Here it is a Mi-8 helicopter. But even the smaller rivets are 8-9 mm in diameter, the bigger rows of rivets are all 11 mm and there are the even bigger locks which are 16mm.

On the Hind you have mainly the middle and bigger size rivets. 

Even they would be visible in 72nd scale. So a set of rivet decals would be welcome there too, but if it is a similar price then it would be a No No.

yD7mmMq.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Sorry I did not add that this rivet set is for the 48th scale Zvezda kit. 

Not a problem, I knew it was 1/48. I was attempting a expression/joke. What is in hand is better then something new. 

Thanks for the information.

Years ago I used the Archer rivets for my IDF Peten and planned to use'em for my  other chopper ( A Tzefa, a Saraf, a Saraf Matrix e a SuperCobra).

I remember that wasn't very economical but the final result is great.

And now AInteractive or MIG Jimenez is a European customer, so easy to find here in Italy ( at the time I've bought my sets directely from USA)

Gianni

9 minutes ago, kurnass77 said:

Years ago I used the Archer rivets for my IDF Peten and planned to use'em for my  other chopper ( A Tzefa, a Saraf, a Saraf Matrix e a SuperCobra).

I remember that wasn't very economical but the final result is great.

And now AInteractive or MIG Jimenez is a European customer, so easy to find here in Italy ( at the time I've bought my sets directely from USA)

Gianni

True, the big advantage of Arma or now Eduard sets is that they're already in the right pattern 🙂

The subject of the new rivet sets price was raised on a Czech forum and the CEO responded:

The price of the rivet set corresponds to the production costs, which in turn correspond to the scope of the set. Development costs charge the price minimally, we assume that a whole series will be created and development costs will be calculated within a whole series, not one product. The construction costs will probably be above standard in the case of this particular set, but the standard construction price is taken into account in the calculation.

In terms of production costs, we have optimized the parameters of the set and the production process so that we adequately minimize costs and selling price. In its original form, as it turned out from the construction, the price was significantly higher, and for some five liters no one would really buy it anymore (:)

. So I understand that the 1600 is a bat, but every joke costs something and at the moment we can't make it cheaper.

Some photos of test fit were also included. 

P5lBu88.jpg

nlDYkom.jpg

8CKf4LT.jpg

mMM8RM4.jpg

The rivets are on a decal film and one has to put them on panel by panel. The decal film stays on the kit (as far as I can see the decal film is UNDER the rivets so it would be fairly difficult to get it out from under there.    : )  : )   : ) 

Best regards

Gabor

It is your decision.   Not much help I know!

On a Russian forum the locals were saying that the Russian rivet decal was a fraction of this price. But at the same time even they said that it is very difficult to find it on

the home market. 

The Eduard version should be out soon but it has its own price with that 60 - 70 Euro. The CEO of Eduard did have an explanation for the high price: new technology, development costs, large decal with a large price tag . . .  He also said something like this is a new product range and they want to have a certain price level for all products in this new range.

Had a look at the Russian set and technologically it is a bit different and there are a lot of individual decals, I would expect a higher work load in putting them all on. With the Eduard complete panels are provided on a decal backing film. Here the decal is underneath the rivets and it stays on the surface, unlike the HGW decals. 

Here is a look at what the Eduard set will be like:

RY7UtcQ.jpg

It is a lot of work also but nothing like putting on individual rivet lines one by one. 

Best regards

Gabor

The Eduard set id, quite clearly, a rather costly set which may well set it beyond the scope of many other than the Mi-24 accuracy fanatic. That said, you get what you pay for and this does look to be far more user friendly than the Arma version (which I have). There are absolutely no reference points on the Arma sheet so you have to work it all out for yourself and some of the layout is not as clear or obvious as that included with the Eduard sheet/s. I have little doubt the Eduard set will take considerably less time to apply and "time is money" as they say; thus it will leave more time for your next modelling project. 

Hi Tigerfan112,

Can you share some photos of the Russian set? It would be interesting to see what it is like. I have seen it applied on 2 kits on Russian forums. But it would be interesting to compare that set with the Eduard version so people can make a comparison and a choice on which is better for them.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Gabor

17 hours ago, Tigerfan112 said:

The Eduard set id, quite clearly, a rather costly set which may well set it beyond the scope of many other than the Mi-24 accuracy fanatic. That said, you get what you pay for and this does look to be far more user friendly than the Arma version (which I have). There are absolutely no reference points on the Arma sheet so you have to work it all out for yourself and some of the layout is not as clear or obvious as that included with the Eduard sheet/s. I have little doubt the Eduard set will take considerably less time to apply and "time is money" as they say; thus it will leave more time for your next modelling project. 

What do you mean there are no reference points? The instructions look pretty clear to me:

7f1189a0705263dc216eae4f72586765.jpg

0c1cdbc80263dabbb5ec52922ecb280f.jpg

8 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Tigerfan112,

Can you share some photos of the Russian set? It would be interesting to see what it is like. I have seen it applied on 2 kits on Russian forums. But it would be interesting to compare that set with the Eduard version so people can make a comparison and a choice on which is better for them.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Gabor

What's the point ?. They are long OOP, and no longer available anywhere which is, I imagine, why Eduard have now decided to produce their own !.

2 hours ago, arnobiz said:

What do you mean there are no reference points? The instructions look pretty clear to me:

7f1189a0705263dc216eae4f72586765.jpg

0c1cdbc80263dabbb5ec52922ecb280f.jpg

Totally agree with you............BUT this is the FIRST time I have seen any kind of instructions !. I did not receive any such information with my set......just the decal sheet itself.

Just now, Tigerfan112 said:

Totally agree with you............BUT this is the FIRST time I have seen any kind of instructions !. I did not receive any such information with my set......just the decal sheet itself.

Me neither, they are on ARMA's website 😉

28 minutes ago, Tigerfan112 said:

What's the point ?. They are long OOP, and no longer available anywhere which is, I imagine, why Eduard have now decided to produce their own !.

1.  It is simple, to give people / modellers / readers an opportunity to make their own decision. I think it is important to have the chance to see what is on the market and so everyone can make their own decision on what they would like to purchase!

2. Eduard is making their own products which is not really influenced by other companies projects. 

It is sad that the Russian product is not available. This is not only now because of the war, but it was so even before of this. Russian modellers also complained on forums that it is very difficult to find/buy.

Somehow this reminds me of HGW decals, there is simply no explanation why certain products are never produced again when the first run is sold out. I did ask the owner of HGW about this and he could not really give an answer for this, apart from "no, it will not be made again". Even if there is a demand for it. I dont see the business rational behind this. 

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

1.  It is simple, to give people / modellers / readers an opportunity to make their own decision. I think it is important to have the chance to see what is on the market and so everyone can make their own decision on what they would like to purchase!

2. Eduard is making their own products which is not really influenced by other companies projects. 

It is sad that the Russian product is not available. This is not only now because of the war, but it was so even before of this. Russian modellers also complained on forums that it is very difficult to find/buy.

Somehow this reminds me of HGW decals, there is simply no explanation why certain products are never produced again when the first run is sold out. I did ask the owner of HGW about this and he could not really give an answer for this, apart from "no, it will not be made again". Even if there is a demand for it. I dont see the business rational behind this. 

Best regards

Gabor

To make their own decision about what ?. If the product is not available, it's not available. simple, really. There is absolutely no point in comparing something that is not available !. In my mind, the Eduard product is superior, if somewhat pricey and I feel sure that another enterprising company will look to produce a similar product, should they deem that there is a market for it.

At the end of the day, it's the Manufacturers choice whether they continue with the production of certain products. I, too, find it difficult to understand why manufacturers suspend production of hugely popular products (and not just in the hobby industry) but it's there choice. I'm sure they have sound business reasons for doing it even if we don't understand it.