Eduard's GBU-54 bomb and three different "things"

I am making loadout for my Hornet and noticed that Eduards makes 3 different "things" optional for its GBU-54 bombs.
I don't know what it is, and of course don't know what should I choose.
I mean parts R72, R73 and R74. Does anyone know what it is, why there are three kind of it and which one should I use?

image.png.2cec9d563777e7dd4c3bf587b959079c.png

Edited by Solo

Afternoon,

That's the housing for the connection point for the 1760 cable from the jet; it's where the jet's cannon plug connects into the bomb's receptacle so the bomb and jet can "talk" to each other.

As for which one to use, I don't know.  That said, the first pic below is the best I have of that point on a USAF GBU-54 in 2016; the second is of the same point on a GBU-38 during the same period.

If I had to guess, I would venture to say the different versions allow for slightly different mating points on the bomb, depending upon which type of aircraft/pylon it's hanging on.  Just a guess.

I hope this helps.DSC00151.thumb.JPG.3638a318b30435626cde4a288fff364b.JPGDSC00144.thumb.JPG.2c3f540f9856a3030e9173a326d089a4.JPG

• 2 weeks later...