Photo Etch Mesh Source?

Hi All,

I'm beginning to look into doing some enhancements to the quite old 1/48 Tamiya F4U-1A Corsair kit.  There are some spots, in particular, the wing leading edge air intakes, which have some vertical louvers, and some fine mesh.  I have no problem scratch building the louvers, but I have looked through my old spare photo etch parts, looking for what might be an appropriate mesh size for 1/48 scale, and I've had no success.  Does anyone have any bright ideas about where I could find some scale appropriate photo etch mesh?  Ideally, I'd like to find small sheets of such a mesh, as I'm sure that I'll have needs in the future, and I build exclusively 1/48 scale in aircraft.  I'm not going to be terribly picky on how fine the mesh might be, just anything that could pass for a screen on a 1/48 airplane.  I've done some searching on the net, and come up dry.  I'd appreciate any thought anyone may have!

Hello Curt

I used the one from RB-Productions (RB-T034) precisely for the same work on my Tamiya corsair; you can look in the In-progress sub-forum to check if it is what you want; it seems to be available on e-bay.

Regards

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you who answered!  I get frustrated with people who request information, are given some, and then the OP never acknowledges the people's responses.  I try never to do that,  Thanks again, all, you have given me great ideas here!