Jump to content

Airfix Merlin HC3 (1/48) Conversion to Norwegian AW101 Mk 612 RNoAF 330 Sqn


Recommended Posts

1.thumb.jpg.be86561777547549bb83bb4d2f8a704e.jpg

So if you frequent the pages of Britmodeller you may of seen this before. it was a mammoth task to undertake, and one i failed to realise how big a job it would be!

especially as there was no "Plan" It started out with the main fuselage changes by cutting and shuttling window panels to their correct place, then the addition of extra ones!

3.thumb.jpg.66e2156e1d9b06d9157aea4b4f5e6643.jpg

Followed by starting on the scratch built interior:

IMG_20200705_190645.thumb.jpg.771d020b2a4a5b29d92c46b92aa1d011.jpg

IMG_20200705_190653.thumb.jpg.8bc814d00f8f7d69ffc0b434143bc8a0.jpg

 

IMG_20200705_190659.thumb.jpg.9664e2bbec322bb8d6615ab8cb596660.jpgIMG_20200705_190706.thumb.jpg.2527985fea970c862f488eafd38c4887.jpgIMG_20200706_171508.thumb.jpg.0c6c45776ec40f926dac7c458ca8d841.jpg

IMG_20200719_163001.thumb.jpg.45e062335fcc1abe440af5bf26534d9b.jpgIMG_20200719_163025.thumb.jpg.725cdd68710947a6a6476f2e1612416f.jpgIMG_20200721_142847__01.thumb.jpg.ac49ab722213fc0ae6aee5708f6b5af2.jpg

 

 

IMG_20200706_171433.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I built this kit using a Belcher Bits conversion to make a RCAF CH-149 Cormorant. It was challenging, even with the conversion pieces provided for me.

 

Nice job what you've done so far... can't wait to see the end.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

it more on the external details including adding additional rivet details to the entire airframe:EbGj6e0.jpg

 

lrIC8p5.jpg

 

CyNXF8q.jpg

 

Kc0O58p.jpg

 

1uxM5u5.jpg

 

E0s609A.jpg

 

The fantastic 3D resin bits from Simone Plai

YB0K9Lp.jpg

 

RnrbnfG.jpg

 

lsSMZex.jpg

 

new nose also from Simone

4e04nV4.jpg

 

Coat of primer over everything!

 

VbQUyZO.jpg

 

And a start on the dreaded dayglow orange

 

beevmGx.jpg

 

6DAaOVc.jpg

Edited by IVACPlumb
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really well done. I've built this kit and used Belcher Bits conversion to make it a CH-149 Cormorant... it's  not the easiest to put together but this looks great, especially the interior

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. That got busy, fast. 
Impressive conversion. The level of detail is amazing. Love seeing 3D parts. We've really grown as a hobby. 

 

-Jeff

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...