Kinetic F/A-18C Boxings question

I've read on-line that the original Kinetic F/A-18C boxing has some errors.  And I've read that later boxings corrected those errors.  Apparently there were issues with the tails and the canopy?

I just ordered this boxing:

Does anyone know if it includes the nose/canopy corrections and the tail corrections?  Or am I gonna have to get a different version to get the corrected parts?

Capture.JPG

iirc, it was early boxings only.  if you ordered the "kinetic gold" kit, you should be ok.  

here is a link to scalemates for the original boxing.....https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kinetic-k48031-f-a-18c-hornet--956117.

Raymond from Luckymodel, might even chime in with specifics!!!!!

HTH.

I know that in next issues of F/A-18 there were added some antennas in one sprue, not present in initial version of that one kit.
I have also heard, that there has been corrected nose fit issues, but frankly I don't know if it is true at all.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Wolfgun33 said:

Is there a way to tell if you have one of the later boxings with the corrections?

The only way to tell is to look at the parts or check the fit. The vertical tails are obvious, but the corrected windscreen requires a dry fit. While still not perfect, it is clearly better fitting than the initial release. Basically, any Kinetic boxing currently available, or available within the last 2 to 3 years has the corrected parts.

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Kinetic gold label

No, not quite. Not all of Kinetic's Hornets are under the Gold label, but all of their Hornet's have been updated. 

13 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

The only way to tell is to look at the parts or check the fit. The vertical tails are obvious, but the corrected windscreen requires a dry fit. While still not perfect, it is clearly better fitting than the initial release. Basically, any Kinetic boxing currently available, or available within the last 2 to 3 years has the corrected parts.

No, not quite. Not all of Kinetic's Hornets are under the Gold label, but all of their Hornet's have been updated. 

Thats not really what was asked though is it Dave.

He said "Is there a way to tell if you have one of the later boxings with the corrections?"

And the answer to that is YES there is a way to tell.

If the box has the gold label on it then that box has the updated parts in it.

Im not saying that most of the other boxing of the kit made in the last couple of years do not have the updated parts Im saying there is a way to tell, because there is. The gold label.

I mean if it has the gold label then it has the parts in the box right Dave?

41 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Thats not really what was asked though is it Dave.

He said "Is there a way to tell if you have one of the later boxings with the corrections?"

And the answer to that is YES there is a way to tell.

If the box has the gold label on it then that box has the updated parts in it.

Im not saying that most of the other boxing of the kit made in the last couple of years do not have the updated parts Im saying there is a way to tell, because there is. The gold label.

I mean if it has the gold label then it has the parts in the box right Dave?

By asking how to tell which of the later boxings have the updated parts, it is implied and understood that he is asking about all of the kits, not just the Gold Label kits. The Blue Angels and CF-188A releases are still in their original boxes and the only way to tell if they're the later releases is by checking the parts.

I know, and that only proves my point.

How many times has an online retailer allowed you to pop round and check out the box contents or emailed you photos of them so you can make sure the parts are the ones you want?

Or you could just email them and ask if its the Kinetic Gold boxing.

I remember buying the Blue Angels jet when it was first released. I sold it on ebay intending to get the updated version (I never did), the buyer had no idea it was the old version and never asked if it was either.

Unfortunately Kinetic didnt see fit to label the kits with the updated parts in any meaningful way, so the only way to be sure is to get the gold label kit, then you dont need to open the box and look at the contents. Which is why I said what I said.

Edited by ElectroSoldier