Random comment - Hobby Lobby Clearance

So I must be a glutton for punishment.  My local Hobby Lobby seems to have some models and tools on Clearance so I went ahead and picked up the Revell F-15C.  I know it will be a pain to build, but for the price it was worth it.  Also picked up some Flex-I-File plast-i-weld on clearance too.  hope this doesn't mean the whole section is going away and they are just clearing out some clutter.

Retailers are always tailoring their products to what sells more. Its always constantly changing and with what is popular today won't sell on clearance tomorrow. Floor and shelf space is how retail breaks down what is profitable, that's why it costs so much to get a product to be carried by them.

-Gregg

6 hours ago, echolmberg said:

Same here in Green Bay.  Fewer model kits and more Gundams.  Blecch!  They still have a pretty good inventory of hobby supplies, just not nearly as many kits as they used to.

Don't knock them until you try them. A long time ago I was in the same mindset but after a long hiatus, Gundam brought me back in. The sheer engineering that gets put in to the kits is admirable, if for nothing else. The part and color separation and the engineering of fit are amazing for the price.

10 hours ago, TheGloriousTachikoma said:

Don't knock them until you try them. A long time ago I was in the same mindset but after a long hiatus, Gundam brought me back in. The sheer engineering that gets put in to the kits is admirable, if for nothing else. The part and color separation and the engineering of fit are amazing for the price.

Been looking into building a couple of Gundam models, just looking for the right one.  This might be the time to do that.

Lucked out, I was in Florida last week and picked up several Star Trek and Star Wars models at 40% off. Mind you, no aircraft of any interest in the small section. Heck even went to 2 different stores to stock up on supplies. Paint that cost me $20 in Canada was $5. Got 4 times the amount of glue then what I pay here as well. Should have gotten more but only had a little money left after Disney drained my wallet. Wife almost lost her mind at all the wife hobby stuff in those stores. Really just lucked out, happened in looking for gift ideas and bang it was all 40% off. Sure do not get deals like that in Canada.

Edited by phantom

My local HL dropped all its Tamiya kits years ago.  Lots of Revell, (old monogram kits) and some minicraft 1/72 & 1/44 stuff.  Then fair amount of armor, and car models (mostly car models).  Die cast stuff.  they do carry airbrushes and paints and supplies but none that I use.

Geoff M

I think last year they did a clearance this time of year as well, but in previous years it was usually in June .  I love a bargain as much as anyone, but I have already gotten all the kits I like from the selection at Hobby lobby. I did have fun building the Walker bulldog right out of the box. 

My daughter and I went into ours and the only thing marked down was the Revell F-15C for less than $7. It was still on the normal shelf. She said they usually don't move them to clearance isle until they have what will replace it in that spot.

Mike

Edited by P-38 guy
  • 3 weeks later...