F-16 store identification help please

G'day people,

Can anyone please identify the white 'missile' under the right wing please?

https://www.f-16.net/g3/image_block/show/30813

Initially I thought it may be an AIM-120 (CATM) but the ogive does not look quite right as it is too short and the natural metal portion just aft of it also is not usually seen on AIM-120s.

Perhaps an IRIS-T inert acquisition round without the fins installed?

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy121
43 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I would guess some sort of indigenous range instrumentation pod, definitely not CATM from my view.

Hoops

G'day Hoops,

It may be an indigenous pod, but if it was some AMI type pod I would expect some antennas to be sticking out?

I have tried 'zoomig' the image out to read the writing but it just makes the writing unreadable. 

Hopefully someone will be able to identify the pod, I am stumped

cheers

Pappy

G'day people,

I posed the same question over at Britmodeller and it looks like it is an ACMI pod, potentially a RAIDS pod (or deriviative) which is close in dimension and shape to an AIM-132,

thank you for all the replies,

Pappy

11 hours ago, Pappy121 said:

G'day CTD, 

I cannot see the attached file

cheers,

Pappy

See if this works better.  Otherwise Google SDT ACMI.  It's a Turkish made ACMI pod. Your original picture was of a Turkish F-16 in a gallery of Turkish F-16s many of the photos in that gallery show them carrying it with a CATM AIM-9 on the opposite side. It's also being carried on an older style rail that I've only ever seen associated with AIM-9 carriage, never AIM-120.  Overall dimensions look similar to an AIM-9 to me, but the bands around the pod seem to be more prominent. Turkey also does not use AIM-132 or IRIS-T.

SDT ACMI

Edited by Crash Test Dummy