NEED SERIOUS ASSISTANCE ASAP PLEASE

I have a paasche raptor using createx paint with a .02 needle tip and noble @ 20 psi paint reduced 5%. Issue is the paint only comes out when I am releasing the trigger not pulling it and it keeps spider webbing example pic posted. I have bought a brand new set (needle tip and nozzle to be sure and it still does it. I am trying to use it for very fine details. But I an at the end of my patience. Some one please help. Thank you 

Strip it down, clean the nozzle out and make sure when you put it back together to seat the needle nicely into the nozzle, a gentle tap with your finger should do the trick. Cellulose thinners usually clean up well. If that fails then get yourself a new nozzle.

You should also try more thinner and a slightly lower air pressure if you cant get more distance from the airbrush to the substrate (which I wouldnt recommend).

Such a small needle requires thin paint.

Small needles are good for detail work because the needle requires that the paint be thin, and the thin paint means you can have much lower air pressure, thus the details can be made. Its actually got nothing to do with the tightness of the paint spray from such a small needle.

On 3/21/2022 at 3:56 AM, Kurt H. said:

Spiderwebbing usually means the paint is too thick. Like Bob said above, try using more thinner. I do not see your picture. 

I would go one step further: I only experienced spiderwebbing when ingredients were chemically reacting, or curing very rapidly because of incompatibility. Therefore I would try another thinner.

Rob

6 hours ago, Rob de Bie said:

I would go one step further: I only experienced spiderwebbing when ingredients were chemically reacting, or curing very rapidly because of incompatibility. Therefore I would try another thinner.

Rob

Thats a good one, and a much ignored reason for spiderwebbing.

To the OP: The first thing that came to my mind is that you wrote you are getting paint flow as soon as you depress the trigger (i.e., when you initiate air flow).  If your airbrush is working correctly, if you depress the trigger and do NOT pull back on the trigger, you should get NO paint flow at all.  It sounds to me like one of 2 things.  Either your needle is stuck in a partially 'pulled back' state, letting paint flow when you are not moving the trigger to begin paint flow, OR, your nozzle may be damaged, allowing paint flow when it should not occur.  I would first try an in-depth cleaning of the airbrush.  If that doesn't fix your problem, I'd examine the nozzle, or the needle itself, for damage,  

On 3/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, Rob de Bie said:

Rob

At 5% thinning this person will definitely have spiderwebbing.

15 minutes ago, habu2 said:

The 2 posts by OP in this thread are the only posts by OP and they haven’t been on the forum since 3/21 (their 2nd post). 

So much for ASAP……

Well, next time be ASAPier! 😁

Edited by Specter1075