Academy Replacement sprues...

Hi all! I hope someone knows a way to contact Academy about replacement sprues. I have been building the 1/32 F-18C kit and was in the process of masking and painting the canopy and following the instruction for the masks, using liquid mask to fill in the areas not covered by the masks, painting and then removing the liquid mask I found that it had fogged my canopy totally trashing it, I've tried everything to remove the fogged areas but it's hopeless...to the point, does Academy offer replacement sprues and if so what is the process?

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, Bob Beary said:

Have you tried a dip in Future? Or cleaning with Simple Green or Goo Gone? Or polishing with any of various polishing compounds?

haven't tried Goo Gone...i'm afraid it's deep in the plastic, but I'll try it

1 hour ago, KEB said:

Do you know their FB page I couldn't find anything under "Academy Models"

(1) 아카데미과학 | Facebook

(1) Academy Plastic Model Europe | Facebook

Its not a company I deal with directly myself so Im not 100% sure either. but those two look like they could be of some help

Edited by ElectroSoldier
14 hours ago, ZippoTheZipdrive said:

Now you have made me curious. Can you show us a photo?

\\Dan

I actually dipped it in future last night and it came out pretty good so I think I'll repaint the frame and call it good....the AMMO liquid mask seemed to leave a film that I could not polish off, but the dip looks like it cleared it up.

15 minutes ago, Helmsman said:

For the future, liquid mask is not mandatory, regular masking tape does the same job pretty well.

Yeah I dont like those newfangled liquid masks either.
Ive tried a few now, humbrol, Abteilung and Vallejo with mixed results. None are out n out bad but good ol masking tape usually works best on a canopy.