Su-25 load out Syrian war

fascinating, they seem so different almost like theyre aliens from another planet, I think thats why I find their aircraft so interesting, 

I  noticed the attack aircraft pilots seem to not have nvg mounts on their helmets whereas the others do

At present you've got 2 choices, but better move fast, The Airplane shop in  Netherlands or HLJ as a  preorder, if this fails dont freak out, I figure eBay will have kits from Chinese market coming, plus Ive bought some stuff from Russia that did get shipped, they say its just slower thats all

^^ this is what I am worried about, are there many external differences? I have the Yefim Gordon book of course,  it looks like different antennae, cockpit computer and engines are the major changes, however I presume Zvezda will release a variant version in the future or aftermarket parts will eventually be available 

Edited by DarkKnight

Sorry for the off topic! As Kotey pointed out the planes in Syria are the modernized SM versions. Looking at the kit sprues it is obvious that an SM is in pipeline somewhere in future.  

The Su-25 kit arrived this morning. It was ordered 3 days ago. The Czech shop is MN Modelar and the service they provide is simply perfect!!! With an order of over 100 Euros (some other kits and extras also in the box) the swift delivery was free.

0dsV8vW.jpg

The bad news for overseas buyers is that MN Modelar deliver only in Europe. So, sorry about that but I am sure there will be interest here for certain. Actually about a week ago they already had the kit, but sold out in few days. This is from the second batch.

What will I do with the Su-25 kit?

It will obviously be a Czechoslovak example just as the one I built some 40 years ago in 72nd scale  with lot of conversion (very little of the original kit remained in the end), detailing and even making my own photoetch with help from Tim Perry of PP Models. Have no idea where will find the decals for it but it will work out somehow when getting there. Back in those days my frined Tibor Sinka screen printed all the stencils and markings. He has passed away many years ago so . . .  : (   : (

One more buy from Russia should be the Quinta cockpit if and when it will be available (if at all). I did see that a Quinta cockpit was offered with pre-order by a Russian shop but that is obviously out of reach for us Europeans. I don’t know if Quinta will offer the cockpit separately, can only hope for it! They are far superior to other 3D printed cockpits. Many are trying to do the same but the results are not really matching the level of the Quinta sets! If no Quinta available then will have to scrach everything just like on that old 72nd kit.

I will have to do myself the air brakes (the early ones were different from the kit), new ejection seat (in the kit you find the seat from the Yak-130 kit which is obviously different), nose sensor and probably some other things also.

Thanks to Pali for help with the parcel!!! Greatly appreciated!

Best regards

Gabor

Im hoping for eventually metal landing gear, Quinta cockpit, SM version, decal to build Blue 06 of course, I'm also looking at getting brass sensors and cannon from the aftermarket.

This on 

I'll build as Afghan war, next on for Syrian campaign

Off topic-why do some pictures I see of Su-34 pilots make them look fat?

Edited by DarkKnight
2 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

Off topic-why do some pictures I see of Su-34 pilots make them look fat?

Because they are . . .     : )   : )

Actually some are, but again others are.

On the seats right hand side one can adjust the weight of the pilot. 

Best regards

Gabor

There are shops serving worldwide, sure. The kit is available from many shop! In this case I was speaking particularly of Europe and the deal from MN Modelar.

From what I can see MN Modelar has sold out in just few days again of the Zvezda Su-25 kits in 48th scale. This was the second batch of kits. I am sure there will be a next one in future. Many people just in case buy for the stash the kit, who knows what will be tomorrow!

Best regards

Gabor

On 3/27/2022 at 12:14 AM, DarkKnight said:

^^yes, I agree!  Gabor please give us your analysis!

Here are some details of the kit. Just to give an impression of what it is like.

One thing which is immediately visible that those “layers” visible on bigger items from the test shoots have been removed already for the production version. There is no need to worry about them.

The rivets on the side of the fuselage back end near the engine exhaust look nice on photos but in my opinion they are not so prominent in real life. The rest of the rivets is nice!

I will do a more detailed review but not here, more in “In Progress” forum.

Gun muzzle area

PH09UB2.jpg

r6TwBIt.jpg

XnlABZu.jpg

mnOQr0k.jpg

PzYNAmw.jpg

s1u7JLM.jpg

sxpIycV.jpg

DVIlcON.jpg

9nP8Syc.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

• 2 weeks later...

Before going into the new Zvezda kit details I had a little look back in history with my Past & Present series of post in the In Progress section. It is not a classical kit build view of things but more a look back in the past and a 72 nd scale kit from 1989 as well as a look at the new kit from Zvezda. But not really a build of the kit, just a review of what it is like. It is far more than what one would have here in the news section and extended with that 72 nd scale kit it has more a place in the other thread. Also had a search in my archive to see what publications can help anyone who will be interested in building the new kit.

It is all here:

Best regards

Gabor