Heritagecon 2022 Photos

Some Heritagecon 2022 photos.     Excuse the blurry shots.   I thought I had it down pat but when I got there all that photography knowledge went out the window and found myself fumbling at the controls.   I couldn't even remember what they called that thing that adjusts the lens opening.   The poorly focused photos will probably elicit anger more than excitement : )   Wait until towards the end, though.  It gets better.

And you can just click on a photo and arrow right for bigger views of the blurry shots : )

url%5D

url%5D

img%5D

img%5D

url%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

url%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Not much real-space -- I found three but you have to get past Grand Moff Tarkin.   I'm pretty sure the organizers believe Kubrick was part of the Apollo program : )

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

And that was it as far as Real Space  : )

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D 

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D 

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

An Avenger model built by Grumman : )

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

At this point out of curiosity I whipped out my mobile phone -- an old Samsung Galaxy S8 just to see how they'd turn out.   Looks like they're much clearer...

img%5D  

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D 

img%5D 

img%5D  

img%5D 

img%5D 

img%5D 

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Thanks to the organizers for providing a great show.   I hope to take more photos and better ones next time.

Edited by crackerjazz

No ANGER, just EXCITEMENT! Thanx Crackerjazz!

This venue is spectacular ... it's in a Museum of beautifully restored and Flying aircraft, including the only flying Lancaster in this hemisphere.

Some of your pix CJ, I can't tell which are the models and which are the Real aircraft.

I was disappointed to see that the Real Space category seems to have been combined with those fictional TV show models ... and not very many Real Space entries ... am I incorrect?

But those aircraft models look terrific ... nicely weathered and your pix look wonderful!

Thanx a lot!

Pete

Thanks, Pete! : )   Yes, I spotted only three space models in all -- very nice work -- a 1/8 Revel Astronaut with the lunar lander leg,  an Atlantis shuttle Hubble service mission, and Ricardo's Reheat Models Neil Armstrong.   I couldn't find him but that CF-18 with the open airbrakes was his as well, I believe. 

Hi Manfred, the show was held in Hamilton, Ontario at the Warplane Heritage Museum, right alongside the airport.  We missed Pete's work, by the way, but I sure would like to see LMs and other real-space models displayed in a separate spot. It's weird but they seem to lose their impact sitting beside Godzilla figures : )   Somehow their accuracy becomes irrelevant and they lose historical significance. It doesn't help, too, that there's a sign on the table saying "Miscellaneous" -  which might be misconstrued as least worthy of viewing, lol.

Hey Joe,

yes, that's a pity, but I've already experienced that here in Germany too, e.g. to the Space Days in Darmstadt, mostly Sci-Fi models, but also a Cut-away Shuttle, but certainly not by Peteup040577.gif

8dndQH.jpg 

That cut-away shuttle is the pre-painted and (mostly) pre-assembled 4DMaster kit. I found one at Hobby Lobby ~10 years ago on a close-out sale. I think I paid ~$40-$50 for it. It’s on a top shelf with the cut-away side facing the wall to hide the garish colors….

Hi CJ - thanks for the Pics! - they look great. I'm sorry I missed you, as I was there as well as Ricardo.  Ricardo did the Apollo 11 astro and flag and took the gold medal for it!

I did the Shuttle with Hubble - it's the 1/200 Hasegawa kit - it took the silver!  There were not many real space entries this year - but the show itself was packed and good to see. Lots of folks and there were apparently over 600 entries in total. It felt good to be back with so many people in "normal" settings. I met up with Ricardo and we had a wonderful chat, and I also had the chance to meet up with a bunch of other people I know as well as talking with others at the show. I was also able to pull in a couple of other medals for 1/72 rigged bi-planes which I was pleased with. The organizers were a bit behind the curve with the presentations, and didn't even announce the real-space winners - we got our medals after the show was over. Oh well - all fun and a great time. CJ - your photos are better than mine from yesterday - so many thanks!

-Ret

Hi Ret!  : )    Gold and silver, wow!! Congratulations, fellas!!!  The turnout was great wasn't it.   But I should do a better job at scanning through the crowd.   I also tried to look for Ricardo's paints and weathering supplies booth but he probably didn't setup shop this time.   I didn't know you were into aircraft as well.   Do post a pic of your bi-plane please  : )

Edited by crackerjazz

Hey CJ and Ret, in your conversations with our fellow modellers, did you hear of any schedule for upcoming shows? Guelph or London or Torcan?

And I'm disappointed to see our Real Space category lumped into Misc. We really should be under Aerospace.

This is really a pet peeve of mine. I do recall my Shuttle Cutaway being beat out by a Star Wars Y-wing ... oh well, water under the bridge!

Pete

Hey Pete - yes, I spoke with both the Torcan and Guelph organizers and both said they were trying to find venues and hoped to have shows on in the fall. Nobody seemed to know about London. Lets hope they can pull things together - it was alot of fun this past Sunday. 

This is a photo from someone named Bill Cambell of my entry. The photo s not mine. There are many more images from Ricardo and others on the Facebook site for the show. I'm not a fan of Facebook for various reasons, but some good images there. 

RET

277576343_10158379476445653_5753953142964871965_n.jpg

Hello Guys:

It was a great comeback show! Nice to see and talked with a lot of people. Ret and I have a wonderful day on the show. We miss Pete. Crakerjazz yes the CF18B it mine. Guys you already know the Armstrong.  I also bring a Klingon Bird of Pray, small vignette o two Rangers in Normandy and a down Me 109G10 with the pilot running in the sunflowers.

As Ret mentioned there are a lot of images in the IPMS Hamilton Facebook

RS