CH 46 US Navy/1968 (academy kit)

4 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Incredible! 
For quick and dirty, that's really impressive. I'd love to see what a long detailed build looks like, LOL. 

-Jeff

Great Photos. I have built a Seahawk dio, took over 5 years.

• 3 weeks later...

As ever, fantastic work! What red did you use on the seats? I'm ready to paint my M-B Mk5's for my Mohawk and have pics showing the basic seat pad as a kind of Campell's tomato soup red. My colorblindness makes reds really challenging and could use a metric. Thanks!

3 hours ago, chukw said:

As ever, fantastic work! What red did you use on the seats? I'm ready to paint my M-B Mk5's for my Mohawk and have pics showing the basic seat pad as a kind of Campell's tomato soup red. My colorblindness makes reds really challenging and could use a metric. Thanks!

Flat Red from Tamiya then fading with Either Flat Yellow or Lemon Yellow also from Tamiya.

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible as always Oliver! Your “quick and dirty” builds are better than my best ever builds! Nice work 

On 4/15/2022 at 7:31 AM, ST0RM said:

Incredible! 
For quick and dirty, that's really impressive. I'd love to see what a long detailed build looks like, LOL. 

-Jeff

Jeff, search for Oliver’s Seahawk diorama build thread. Trust me when I say you’ve never seen anything like it before!

12 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

Incredible as always Oliver! Your “quick and dirty” builds are better than my best ever builds! Nice work 

Jeff, search for Oliver’s Seahawk diorama build thread. Trust me when I say you’ve never seen anything like it before!

It was also published in FSM magazine!

Totally awesome build!!!

Tim

• 5 weeks later...

Small update. I have realized that 1/48 scale is not a scale i am comfortable with. I have a great respect for modelers building in 1/48 and achieve amazing results. I am trying to push forward but work has a habit in getting in the way lately on my weekends. Heres how it looks today.   

C6D9981F-6DBB-48D4-ABDB-56179ABDF320.jpe

9D7A4C3E-FEDD-4D8A-A33B-9BD9F80AF46A.jpe

Edited by Rotorman