Blackhawk and M1A1/A2 Together?

HI All,

I took a look in the Diorama section of the forums and wasn't sure that that would be the best place to post my question, so I decided to put it here.  I have the 1/35 KittyHawk Blackhawk helicopter, and a bunch of different 1/35 Abrams tank models.  I was wondering if anyone might have either photos, or, if not pictures, a description of a circumstance where one of more Abrams tanks would be/would have been in the  vicinity of a Blackhawk helo on the ground.  Of course, one of the advantages of having these vehicles in the same scale would be to allow them to be in a diorama together.  I recognize that any diorama that would include a Blackhawk and one or more Abrams tanks would have to be HUGE, but if such a circumstance existed, it surely would be worth putting together such a display.  I've already had the honor of providing 3 models (2 Abrams and one Bradley) to the Ft. Stewart, GA, training facility commemoration of the April 2003 Thunder Run by the U.S.Army to the Baghdad International Airport, but never thought to ask if any Blackhawks may have ended up in reasonably close proximity, perhaps with a Blackhawk as a medevac bird.  Then again, a significantly smaller diorama option would to use the Italeri 1/48 Blackhawk along with one or more Tamiya 1/48 Abrams tanks, albeit at the expense of reduced aircraft detail...

Does anyone have any knowledge of situations/circumstances where one or more Abrams and a Blackhawk were close together on the ground during an operation?  Maybe no such close proximity between these aircraft ever took place for a variety of reasons, but I'm thinking if sure could be a spectacular diorama if it reflected reality!  Thanks in advance for any ideas/thoughts/knowledge anyone could provide!

The only scenario that comes to mind is if one or several Abrams crewman were severely injured and a medivac was needed over ground transportation. Unfortunately with a tank your either a little hurt bit where you can be moved by humvee/etc or dead. Your probably still looking at a few hundred feet between the two vehicles. There is rotorwash/safety and FOD issues that have to be accounted for both groups. 

For scale purposes, 1/48 might be a better choice for this diorama given distance needed between vehicles, imho.

Not typically, especially if you build the Kitty Hawk from the box as an MH-60L, which is a 160th SOAR (Special Ops) helo.  They almost never work w/or close to tanks.

Edited by HeavyArty

Already pointed out however it's not typical as the Blackhawk would not be much of a force multiplier when you have, or had, both Scout and Attack helicopters providing overwatch for the armored or vehicle-borne element. Now the AH-64D/E does it all so it's what's going to be loitering versus a Blackhawk. Lots to unpack without going overboard on attached elements. Were it me I would switch the Blackhawk out for an Apache "Dont bother running. You'll only die tired!" Plenty of photographic examples of those working out together.

da13e4ba1e843da96678b1643aa421a2.jpg

There's little on line for what you're after but here's the South Carolina National Guard Air and Ground Expo at McEntire Joint National Guard Base, S.C., May 6, 2017. The expo showcases South Carolina National Guard airmen and soldiers. Army National Guard photo by Sgt. Tashera Pravato 

170506-Z-DN418-001A.JPG

And this one

15bd5aa10857f4aab8190789bf358e69.jpg

There are lots of times you will see Black Hawks and Apaches, etc. flying overhead of Abrams and other ground elements.  He is looking for when they would be on the ground together, which is very rare.