(2022 F-18 Group build) CF-18 Tiger in 1/32

First in this GB for me will be an Academy 1/32 parts kit. It has lots of extras, like around 9 or 10 fuel tanks, hopefully it has all its assigned parts as well. Going to use Leading Edge decals to do the FIP era (2nd) 439 sq. Tiger.

ZbZHBYb.jpg

Great subject! Those Leading Edge decals might be a bit fragile by now. Will you be using decal film to avoid them shattering? With all those complex shapes, the decals become a critical and irreplacable part of this scheme.

Will be watching this one.

ALF

Most of the stripes have to be painted in 1/32. I built this in 1/48 years ago, and it still looks pretty good. But yes, I will give the decal sheet a good coat of decal film. Thiis time I am not going by instruction order. Did the landing gear this morning.

7hqx9AF.jpg

I just noticed, this scheme is 30 years old! Its also the second tiger strip scheme for the Hornet not the first. Might be time to buy new fighters eh?

Oh nice, You just starte.... hold on... Nice project. Do You have masks for the stripes?

It's hard to say it. But I have to say it. I'm so envious of the Academy big Bugs.

There is just the pattern for the stripes. Still figuring if I will paint everything dark, then mask. Or just paint the stripes over top the lighter colour. So far,, the kit was missing a couple minor parts, but so far nothing I could not work around or make myself.

I am off the next two days. Have lots of house stuff tomorrow, but nothing planned for Thursday. MIGHT have it ready for paint in a day or two.

When I built a tiger striped Hornet, I decided on going light gray then paiting the stripes. After that I vouched to never do this mistake again. But my stripes were more 'wormy' so going dark first would simply be easier.

Looking fantastic, but I had to copy/paste the link to see it in another tab. Images not showing for me. Did you mask it off individually, or use the drawings as templates?

ALF

5 hours ago, ALF18 said:

Looking fantastic, but I had to copy/paste the link to see it in another tab. Images not showing for me. Did you mask it off individually, or use the drawings as templates?

ALF

I know tried all 6 options for posting. Computer issues I guess. Masked it individually by eyeballing the masks. Not completely correct but close.

xnSO1Sp.jpg

Worked this time.

Edited by phantom