Eduard Hellcat Question

Can the F6F-5 kit be used to make a F6F-3 version?  Wondering if they include the open window option at the rear of the cockpit like the Hasegawa kit.

Thanks 

Geoff M

It depends on the specific F6F-5 kit; Eduard molded 2 different fuselages - one for the late F6F-5 that didn't have the windows behind the canopy, and one for the F6F-3 and early F6F-5 that did include the cutouts for the windows.  As far as I know, all Eduard 1/48 F6F kits include the same clear sprue which has both the F6F-3 adn F6F-5 windscreens and the clear parts for the rear windows.  If you are willing to cut out the openings for the windows yourself, you can get to an F6F-3 (with a few other minor mods to the panel detail on the wings if you're picky).

I was wondering because Eduard just came out with a new weekend edition F6F-5.  But I would like to do a -3.  Any way I haven't ordered the -5 yet.  Still thinking about it and maybe the -3 will come around again.  Thanks for the offer.

Geoff M