Has anybody have trouble with their Paypal account being compromised?

Has anybody had trouble with their Paypal account being compromised? This is the second time this year that after I used my Paypal account that I get a call from my credit card company that someone has tried to use my credit card assigned to my Paypay account for an unauthorised purchase.

Did PayPal cancel your current CC and issue you a new card w new account # after the first report?  If not then this is a scam.

Did this phone call ask you to verify your full CC # and security code?  If so this is a phone scam, no CC company will ask those things over the phone. Check your caller ID log and verify the calling # yourself. 

At the very least you should notify PP directly that your card was stolen and ask them to issue you a new card. 

Edited by habu2
On 4/9/2022 at 8:27 PM, Viperguy said:

Has anybody had trouble with their Paypal account being compromised? This is the second time this year that after I used my Paypal account that I get a call from my credit card company that someone has tried to use my credit card assigned to my Paypay account for an unauthorised purchase.

YES... ME..

I kept getting e mails saying that I had paid  $42.99 or $39.99 to such and such company on MY CREDIT CARD but I do not have a credit card; or for that matter a PayPal account..

After getting these e mails which I looked at  knew they were false  or phising  DELETED THEM.

There is on PayPal  where you can make a complaint about unauthorised  money payment... 

BUT I Chose NOT to do that and deleted the e mails and MY Account.

Even when the account WAS DELETED  I received  another  e mail quoting that I had paid for such and such company X amount of money...

I would suggest if you still have a PayPal  snd are getting these "scam" emails/payments showing on yoyr e mail inbox; Check your PayPal  profile  yoyr wallet   yoyr payment contacts and current or past transactions  and certainly  KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR  account.

You can also report to local police as it pertains to trying to defraud you and paypal..

So YES I had that done but I ignore the e mails,  DONT ANSWER IT(OTHERWISE  THEY GOTCHA YA ) and delete...

if you want the long procedural hassle of  Paypal  dealing and then telling you that you have to oblige payments etc before they can do anything DON'T!!

Delete... DELETE... DELETE  that email mail or transaction if you did not order or suchlike!!