North American P51D Mustang

I assume this is now in the proper forum because I had this previously in the wrong one. I was instructed to move it myself, no problem. A Tamiya 1:48 kit, and as usual a very well  produced kit from Tamiya with great fitting parts that required minimal cutting. It was molded in gray, of course and I sprayed it using chrome Testors spray paint and brushed the smaller parts with Testors paints. Aluminum paint was not available. I used Tamiya extra thin cement. Took approximately 15 hours to paint and assemble. Tweezers, toothpicks and modeling knife necessary, of course. And a flashlight to find the parts that always seem to fall on the floor. I used a bit of my own color scheme off of Google images but used the decal placement off the instruction sheet, basically. The only problem I had was attaching the two drop tanks which seemed difficult with the lack of a secure place to attach them to and they kept falling over so I admitted them. The holes in their brackets were non existent. I actually have seen more photos of Mustangs without them attached. I used Frog brand tape to tape off the tail from the rest of the fuselage. Three different paint and decal configurations were included with this kit. I would definitely recommend this kit. 

F5553DD1-B40C-4A83-851A-7DD6C4BF7784.jpeg

9387958D-4D2F-4078-83D4-26448AC5D66E.jpeg

693AB072-75CA-4C2E-828D-C92534FFBF8F.jpeg

658473C9-8D1B-433A-8724-60E88E0B74BD.jpeg

Edited by Corky
11 minutes ago, Snowbird3a said:

I would have thought the 'Ready For Inspection' forum is the more applicable spot for a completed build.

Tony

Who knows, you have to study the topics throughly to make the correct choice. 

Hi Corky,

I suppose you can post your builds in any of the forums, but if you want the people who would be interested in your builds to see them you need to choose carefully.  There are 2 forums on ARC for posting pictures of complete builds.  Talking about aircraft here because this is the Aircraft Resource Center website.

The Display Case - For folks who just want to share their work with the outside world.  No criticism, just nice comments.

Critique Corner - For the more thick-skinned builders who can take some criticism and nice comments.  (Most of the builds in this forum don't need any criticism)

As you hang around here longer I am sure you will get the hang of it.

HTH

Geoff M

Edited by Geoff M
On 4/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, Geoff M said:

Hi Corky,

I suppose you can post your builds in any of the forums, but if you want the people who would be interested in your builds to see them you need to choose carefully.  There are 2 forums on ARC for posting pictures of complete builds.  Talking about aircraft here because this is the Aircraft Resource Center website.

The Display Case - For folks who just want to share their work with the outside world.  No criticism, just nice comments.

Critique Corner - For the more thick-skinned builders who can take some criticism and nice comments.  (Most of the builds in this forum don't need any criticism)

As you hang around here longer I am sure you will get the hang of it.

HTH

Geoff M

That’s it !!  I’m getting my forums all mixed up, silly me.

Model On !!

Tony