SBARC... Are you okay...

This is all a moot, if sometimes interesting and/or entertaining thread. 

I hope Steve is OK. My interest in what is wrong, if anything, or his personal circumstances, whatever they may be, end after the word ok in the last sentence above. It's nobody's business but his. 

I'm a long time member and did drift away for a while. The difference in traffic here from before my break to after was staggering and like above I do fear for the long term here, but its far from dead yet. It is still one of my favourite forums due to the wide range of nationalities, and resulting attitudes/variety this brings. Same reason why i like Scalemates so much and why to me it's the main place i hang out these days. And that's the main reason why there should NEVER be political stuff here. I'm considered centre or even centre-right here, depending on the issues, but the centre right party here is the one that held (and supported) the referendums for gay marriage & legalised abortion, increased social welfare rights, free childcare for under 5s and free health care for over 70s. In US terms that would make us so far to the left the communists would be looking twice at us.

So no. 

NO POLITICS.

We are too varied and cosmopolitan, let's keep it that way. 

If you don't like it, don't waste time here. 

1 hour ago, karl h said:

Jennings migrated over to LSP and we never had a problem with him or his strong opinions. only interesting content

guess he learned where to stop

Maybe his banishment from ARC had less to do with his notoriously "strong opinions" and possibly more to do with hurt feelings from one of ARC's VIP's?   

The truly ironic thing is that this thread is probably the most viewed and participated thread on ARC in the last few years.  It's certainly one of the most entertaining (which inevitably means it's heading for the lock).

Keep it up guys, together we can Make ARC Great Again!

6 hours ago, 11bee said:

Maybe his banishment from ARC had less to do with his notoriously "strong opinions" and possibly more to do with hurt feelings from one of ARC's VIP's?   

Nope.

9 hours ago, GW8345 said:

If you think this site is running fine and there's no room for improvement then I guess there is nothing left for us to discuss. We can go on for days discussing this topic but I see nothing will change so it would be pointless to continue.

Seriously dude, the nail holes in your palms haven't healed over from your last time. 
Projection, projection, projection. Yeesh.
Everything has room for improvement, even your attitude, but since you end pretty much every commentary with a surrender declaration, well maybe you should wave nice to the cameras and give General MacArthur a big ole smooch and call it a day then.

6 hours ago, 11bee said:

The truly ironic thing is that this thread is probably the most viewed and participated thread on ARC in the last few years.  It's certainly one of the most entertaining (which inevitably means it's heading for the lock).

Nope.
Participation and entertaining do not equate lockdowns.
BTW, was that your way of posting "IBTL"?
:P

7 hours ago, karl h said:

Jennings migrated over to LSP and we never had a problem with him or his strong opinions. only interesting content

guess he learned where to stop

The reality is that not everybody is a good fit on every site. I'm glad he's contributing to the world of modelling knowledge. He's an awesome source of information!

12 hours ago, Alvis 3.1 said:

Seriously dude, the nail holes in your palms haven't healed over from your last time. 
Projection, projection, projection. Yeesh.
Everything has room for improvement, even your attitude, but since you end pretty much every commentary with a surrender declaration, well maybe you should wave nice to the cameras and give General MacArthur a big ole smooch and call it a day then.

Talk about projection, you keep painting me as some kind of martyr, do you even know what that word means?

Here, let me help you out;

A martyr (Greek: μάρτυς, mártys, "witness", or μαρτυρία, marturia, stem μαρτυρ-, martyr-) is someone that suffers persecution and death for advocating, renouncing, or refusing to renounce or advocate, a religious belief or cause as demanded by an external party.

I may, MAY, have care a little (a very little) about this site but not enough to suffer or sacrifice one drop of sweat/blood (and now time) for this site. You seem to think that anyone who complains about the way this site is ran is a martyr and that when people leave they storm off in a huff, talk about projection.

You kept twisting what I write to match your perception, claiming I'm clueless and embellishing what I wrote, that's why I gave up trying to discuss anything with you. I didn't surrender, I stopped rolling around with the pigs.

I will give what you wrote all the consideration it deserves. I feel this conversation is not going anywhere, it’s clear that you are not equipped to understand any point I make so continue to express them would be pointless. I hope your day is as pleasant as our conversation has been.

1 hour ago, Brad-M said:

GW,

Then why not just leave. You're nothing but a troll, an internet school yard bully. Please close the gate behind you.

Bless your heart.

I’m sure you have a point but for the life of me I can’t figure out what it is.

I wouldn’t want GW to leave, he has some first-hand experience that really fills out details on certain aircraft.  But, I wouldn’t mind this side-track ending.  Best wishes for Steve and I hope he hasn't washed his hands of the site.

Edited by Slartibartfast
56 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Talk about projection, you keep painting me as some kind of martyr, do you even know what that word means?

Here, let me help you out;

I may, MAY, have care a little (a very little) about this site but not enough to suffer or sacrifice one drop of sweat/blood (and now time) for this site. You seem to think that anyone who complains about the way this site is ran is a martyr and that when people leave they storm off in a huff, talk about projection.

You kept twisting what I write to match your perception, claiming I'm clueless and embellishing what I wrote, that's why I gave up trying to discuss anything with you. I didn't surrender, I stopped rolling around with the pigs.

I will give what you wrote all the consideration it deserves. I feel this conversation is not going anywhere, it’s clear that you are not equipped to understand any point I make so continue to express them would be pointless. I hope your day is as pleasant as our conversation has been.

Any time you whine that you are sure to be blocked, shut down or ignored, you are acting like a martyr. Over and over. Pretty much every post you've done here ends with you claiming nobody will listen to you and the conversation is going nowhere. You act like you are being persecuted. 

Have you been blocked? Had the thread closed? Nope.
But please keep driving nails into your own hands and claiming people are being mean to you. They aren't.

Complaining about how the site is run isn't being a martyr. Pretending that complaining is persecuted is being a martyr.

You project more than a PowerPoint presentation. Claiming to know what I think? Making up fictional scenarios then getting mad about them? That's somewhere between laughable and concerning.

For there to be a discussion of how things might change in any situation, there needs to be some back and forth dialogue. When one side throws up their hands and claims they aren't being listened to and just might as well quit they aren't really trying to act in good faith. 
"My guess the above will either be deleted by a mod and I'll get banned"
 "but I see nothing will change so it would be pointless to continue."

It's almost as if you aren't really wanting to have any kind of discussion. 

Please show me where I have embellished what you wrote. I've shown actual quotes of you making self-immolation statements. As for saying you are clueless, well, you are. You make assumptions about how things are done or decided without any actual knowledge of how they have been done to somebody who was actually involved, or about the personal life of Steve. Gee, what does that sound like? It sounds exactly like the complaint you made about experts not wanting to post here because "textperts" would counter their experience. Well, that's what happens when you have your cranial structure firmly ensconced in the posterior cavity on a subject you know nothing about. That's also called making my points for me. Thank you. 

You aren't an expert on how things have run at ARC. You're somebody whose axe has been ground down to a blunt nub from years of unhappiness. (That's a metaphor, I'm not saying you have an actual axe that's been ground down.)

And as somebody who deliberately chose to dump a bunch of unsubstantiated claims, personal attacks and baseless suppositions in a thread started (and titled) over a concern about the well being of a person shows that any accusations of people here being swine is best directed back at who just made that claim. 

Sadly, it's when theads deteriorate into members taking potshots at each other and/or third parties - like this one has done - that others decide that they want no part of it, and quietly drift away, sometimes never to be seen again...

....please, guys, just knock it off - such slanging matches don't do anyone or anything any favours...

Edited by andyf117
44 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Sadly, it's when theads deteriorate into members taking potshots at each other and/or third parties - like this one has done - that others decide that they want no part of it, and quietly drift away, sometimes never to be seen again...

....please, guys, just knock it off - such slanging matches don't do anyone or anything any favours...

Exactly.
This is why threads get locked.