SBARC... Are you okay...

8 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

ARC needs a Patreon page. I’ve enjoyed this site for over a decade completely for free. Time for us all to give something back.

I would give. 

Geoff M

If you want to help, click on the youtube vid link at top of the page and let it play for a while, as it says, proceeds from the channel go towards paying the bill for ARC. Need to let the ads play, that's how the cash is earned.

6 minutes ago, bashace said:

If you want to help, click on the youtube vid link at top of the page and let it play for a while, as it says, proceeds from the channel go towards paying the bill for ARC. Need to let the ads play, that's how the cash is earned.

I would rather just contribute directly to the thing I want to support. It seems unlikely that youtube channel will get monetized anyway, and it’s not of interest to me. 

7 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

I would rather just contribute directly to the thing I want to support. It seems unlikely that youtube channel will get monetized anyway, and it’s not of interest to me. 

I feel the same way.  

8 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

I thought it was monetized already?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 2:56 PM, Da SWO said:

I thought it was monetized already?

Ad revenue is based on multiple factors, views, subscribers, geo ect, but in a nutshell the more traffic you have the better paying the ad's are

• 2 weeks later...

The youtube channel is my wife's project and she doesn't seem overly interested in doing the work needed to make it successful and I can't comment further. 

Ads on the ARC forums are not possible because I can not control the content 100%....Google has bots roaming the forums jumping on any word that goes against their guidelines.  I am then sent a threatening email from Google that all income will be stopped due to one offensive or badly worded post if I don't correct the situation.  Most posts that offend Google are not even offensive in any way.  So in the end it was easier to just pull the ads from the forum.

There is ad income from the articles on ARC but that just covers server fees.  The income was better in the past, but has gone down in a huge way since facebook became popular years ago.

I do think an ARC Patreon page is a good idea and I do have my own youtube channel set up that I might develope as well.  I will be restarting updates.  I can't promise daily updates because I am working 80 hours a week but I would like to at least have weekly updates if not 2 or 3 updates a week.

I do very much want to get back into doing ARC and I will keep pushing towards that goal.  Thankfully I am only working 80 hours a week and not 105 hours a week.

10 hours ago, SBARC said:

The youtube channel is my wife's project and she doesn't seem overly interested in doing the work needed to make it successful and I can't comment further. 

Ads on the ARC forums are not possible because I can not control the content 100%....Google has bots roaming the forums jumping on any word that goes against their guidelines.  I am then sent a threatening email from Google that all income will be stopped due to one offensive or badly worded post if I don't correct the situation.  Most posts that offend Google are not even offensive in any way.  So in the end it was easier to just pull the ads from the forum.

There is ad income from the articles on ARC but that just covers server fees.  The income was better in the past, but has gone down in a huge way since facebook became popular years ago.

I do think an ARC Patreon page is a good idea and I do have my own youtube channel set up that I might develope as well.  I will be restarting updates.  I can't promise daily updates because I am working 80 hours a week but I would like to at least have weekly updates if not 2 or 3 updates a week.

I do very much want to get back into doing ARC and I will keep pushing towards that goal.  Thankfully I am only working 80 hours a week and not 105 hours a week.

Nice to see you back.

PayPal and the other site (name escapes me at the moment are options).  I would be more then happy to send money via PP as this site keeps me sane.

Hi Steve hope your situation gets better so you're not so overworked as you are now.   I'd be happy to chip in as well.  By the way, does the ARC facebook page generate more income than the forums and are there any plans to keep just the Facebook page in the future?  Hopefully not : )

On 6/8/2022 at 12:37 AM, SBARC said:

Get on Patreon or whatever vehicle works for you, man. You already have a legacy site with dedicated followers and readers - leverage what you already have. You’ve spent years managing this site with no buy-in from users - just open the tap and see what comes out. 

But please - don’t do YouTube unless you’re really into it. Your schedule does not sound like it would permit a lot of messing around shooting and editing video, and as you see with your wife’s channel, it’s easy to be on YouTube but it’s tough to make it worthwhile.