SH / ICM AH-1G Early cobra 1/32

Hello everyone, long time no posting on this forum, i got my Special hooby / ICM Cobra with all the aftermarket goodies included in the box, i just added the Quinta studio panels

So far i have finished the cockpit

_MG_8518-Edit.jpg

_MG_8526-Edit.jpg

_MG_8522-Edit.jpg

_MG_8524-Edit.jpg

fuselage fitting is excellent , so far not a single drop of filler need it , i added a few rivets on the ammo doors surface

_MG_8528-Edit.jpg

_MG_8529-Edit.jpg

_MG_8531-Edit.jpg

Yes, the weathering technigue you used does look good. Rather interesting that I've seen this technigue twice in as many weeks. Usually I see it done as a filter once the base coat is laid down.  

Are you painting up a particular AH-1G or going with kit decals? 

Most of the paint work is done on the fuselage so far

6 hours ago, snake36bravo said:

Yes, the weathering technigue you used does look good. Rather interesting that I've seen this technigue twice in as many weeks. Usually I see it done as a filter once the base coat is laid down.  

Are you painting up a particular AH-1G or going with kit decals? 

i am buiding an specific Cobra "wretched mildred"

_MG_8541-Edit.jpg

_MG_8544-Edit.jpg

_MG_8545-Edit.jpg

_MG_8549-Edit.jpg

Very impressive detailing all around including your pin wash. Drop some clear into those anti-collision lights on the tailboom as ICM does not appear to have modeled them in or it might just be the angle of the photographs. 

High marks on this build so far. Really looks like the part for the Centaurs of which Wretched Mildred was one. 

Hoping Floyd will produce some aftermarket decals for this kit. Possibilities are endless!

18 hours ago, snake36bravo said:

This thread needs an upate. How about it oppenheimerj? 

as soon as i can i will, at the moment i am dealing with some health issues with my mother, so i have not doing much  this past week

Jorge

3 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

as soon as i can i will, at the moment i am dealing with some health issues with my mother, so i have not doing much  this past week

Jorge

Best wishes and speedy recovery for your mom and all involved.

I am back with some more progress.

So the cobra is standing now on his legs, the main windshield is on, the door will be the last , decals are on.

The kit is excellent, what i dislike are the decals, they are like the new eduard decals, that when they dried you have to peel the carrier film, this is a disaster with the small data stencils, most of them will come off with the carrier film

_MG_8551-Edit.jpg

_MG_8552-Edit.jpg

_MG_8553-Edit.jpg

_MG_8555-Edit.jpg

_MG_8558-Edit.jpg

_MG_8562-Edit.jpg

Everything about your build is fantastic! The weathering is superb. Especially like how you've highlighted some of the tail boom rivets with silver just as I remember seeing on the real ones when my dad was in the Texas and New Mexico National Guard. The old AH-1Gs, UH-1 gunships, and OH-6s went to them. I've not encountered the new decals so cant comment on them however the ones you did manage to lay down look good. 

Compliments on the photography. 

10 hours ago, snake36bravo said:

It's like a ghost town around this forum lately. 

Jorge, did you finish Wretched Mildred? I was interested in seeing how you did the weapons stores and rotors. 

not yet, by sunday i think it will be done, i will publish photos on fabebook, as you said, this forum is a ghost town, so i will not post more updates here

4 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

not yet, by sunday i think it will be done, i will publish photos on fabebook, as you said, this forum is a ghost town, so i will not post more updates here

That's great. Shame as Rodrigo is gone, Rotorwash is on FB and doesnt post here anymore, and the same for others. PM me the link when you're done with it.

All the best

10 hours ago, snake36bravo said:

That's great. Shame as Rodrigo is gone, Rotorwash is on FB and doesnt post here anymore, and the same for others. PM me the link when you're done with it.

All the best

Jorge, switch over to LSP.

Tim