1/144 Academy F-4F modified to a HAF F-4E AUP Phantom PI2000

Here's my finished built of a HAF F-4E AUP to add to my HAF builds. Did quite a lot of scratch-builds e.g. the slats, IFF bird slicers antenna, the various extrenal sensors, rebuilding of the gun fairing and the travel pods. As usual added the crew and scratch-build seats.  Tried my best to replicate the upgraded IPs for the pilot and WSO. Created the special tail and drop tank markings for S/N 72-01507 from Hellenic 338 SQN Ares which took part at the Volkel Airshow 2015. Minimal weathering was applied as it was a demo bird. Also no heavy exhaust smoke stains were applied as I understand that the HAF Phantoms had the J79 GE-17 smokeless engines. Enjoy the photos.

S K Loh

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments. The vast information online plus the easy availability of material and tools that made such builds feasible. Oh by the way I did a typo error in the above write-up. The year was 2019 ( as printed on the display base) and not 2015 when the special Volkel markings was applied on the real bird.  Cheers.