HKM 1/32 Argentina Gloster Meteor - And we're done!

• jgrease changed the title to HKM 1/32 Gloster Meteor - And we're done!
  • jgrease changed the title to HKM 1/32 Argentina Gloster Meteor - And we're done!

Hi John,

A meatbox in Argie markings! :yahoo:Why?

I should redirect those two videos to my husband's mates, as some have been part of the Argentinian Air Force back in the time they flew this bird.

Lots of accounts about this aircraft; funniest one is of the story when the Brits learnt Argies would use the F.4 meatbox to fly aerobatics (which equal to make aerobatics with a truck!). This aircraft has witnessed a lot of history down here. It was the one used to bomb Plaza de Mayo here in Capital Federal back in 1955. :hmmm: I-005 was re-registered C-005 at the beginning of 1960. (I think I-005 became a Gate Guardian somewhere, nowadays).

But the High Speed Silver was not my fave camo but this three-tone one:

mRXxYLA.jpg 

It's a lot more appealing, and it's the camo I'd like to build mine if only I could afford to get the 1/48 Classic Airframes kit a local modeller has published at a bonkers price. Seen a couple of these birds restored at museums. Said my husband that he once saw one of these birds make a flyby at low altitude in 1974 when he was on holidays with his folks at the seaside (Villa Gessell).

Your kit is astonishing; very well done. I don't know why it didn't attract you in 1/32nd scale, but it looks awesome.

Cheers,

Gwen

Thanks very much Gwen - I appreciate the compliments and the information! Honestly had I known the issues I'd have with the silver then my next choice would have been a camo Danish F.4 - lol. I really like the Meteor - it's a classic post-war jet. I just felt that HKM didn't put much effort into this plane in this larger scale.

John