Trumpeter spares

All,

First off apologies, but I'm not sure where to post this.

I need some spares for a Trumpeter 1/48 Su-11.

I'm getting no feedback from the Trumpeter spare parts service dept. however.

Any ideas any one on how best to approach?

Thanks,

22 hours ago, serendip said:

All,

First off apologies, but I'm not sure where to post this.

I need some spares for a Trumpeter 1/48 Su-11.

I'm getting no feedback from the Trumpeter spare parts service dept. however.

Any ideas any one on how best to approach?

Thanks,

Unfortunately, your best bet may be to try the spares section in these forums. I needed to replace an SU-27 canopy (Hobby Boss) and got no response from their website, facebook page, smoke signals etc etc. I found some lady's email address on a forum-that I can't remember-as well and got nothing.  It was an ARC'er who saved the day for me

I have no contact details at all for that kind of thing for Trumpeter so the only "official" way you can try and get spare parts is to contact your countries official importer and ask if they have the spare parts you are looking for.

Basically the way this works is as an importer/distributer you would/might have a stock of kits, if you get somebody contact you you can take one of the kits you have on stock, open a box and send those parts to a customer.
If the importer doesnt have that kit, and isnt willing to open a box to sell you those parts (a fee will be involved) then the only way would be to try the second hand markets.
This sites buy/sell, ebay or facebook pages might be of some help. Otherwise there is no parts service offered by Trumpeter. At least not from what I can see.

In the industry there are two basic ways to deal with spare parts service.
The first is to provide a decent but as cheap as possible level of packaging in the hope it will arrive to the customer in the desired manner but make provisionif it doesnt.
The second is to provide a level of packaging that precludes the chance of any damage to the parts in transit and then there is no need to provide any spare parts service at all, because you have done all you need to to get the product to the customer in the manner intended.

Its actually cheaper in the long term to go with option 2, because once it leaves the factory thats it, its gone, you will never hear about it again. While other companies lay on support services they just shouldnt need to lay on at all.

Some companies do a little bit of both, they provide packaging to make sure they never see it again, but they also provide a way to allow distys to offer support.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:31 PM, Gwen Phoenix said:

What about sweet Joanna @TrumpeterModel? Is she dealing no more?

She sent some spares to me in the past. Quite nice she was to me too. 

Then I learnt that my other half has sometimes found specific sprues on Alibaba and Taobao. I might as well ask him if it's of any use to you.

Hope it's of help to you, serendip.

Cheers,

Gwen

Yeah,

Joanna was who I dealt with about six months ago for some 72nd Lynx clear parts and cabin details.

A little bit, but not overly pricey but, I needed the parts for my Airfix kits (the correct sized "foot windows", the mesh intake covers, and some cabin details!).  The parts arrived in a timely manner too!

Good Luck,

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Corrections
9 hours ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Then I learnt that my other half has sometimes found specific sprues on Alibaba and Taobao. I might as well ask him if it's of any use to you.

Cheers,

Gwen

Thanks Gwen,

14 hours ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Cheers,

Gwen

Joanna... in China...

You sound like you got to know her quite well. Maybe you could get in touch with her again and get her to reply to the email serendip has already sent her.

Can I ask why you would go on Alibaba if you have access to sweet Joanna and Trumpeters spare parts, and why you would direct somebody to Alibaba or Taobao rather than sweet Joanna?

Hi ElectroSoldier,

Joanna came through everytime I asked for spares, but it's not because of it that I think she's sweet. Let's say her sweetness has a lot to do with something that I learnt about her from my husband, which in turn has to do with his gratefulness towards Customer Service Representatives having fulfilled their jobs as the should. I think you would get it if you were married to someone in a different culture than yours; the way Latin Americans mostly are, which was completely lost on me until I met him.

Also, there will be times when the spares are simply not available, and you'll either have to wait a very long, long time before the item is restocked, or just resort to another way to get it, hence, this is why I suggested Alibaba or Taobao.

In all honesty; I'm quite sure I am no-one to be asking Joanna to pay attention to her job, or making use of my affinity to her in order to benefit someone else. That train of thinking is both profit-seeking and selfish in my humble view, sorry.

Cheers,

Gwen

I am.

I see. not the spercifics of course, but the general idea.

Your profit-seeking comment confuses me.
Who seeks it and from where?

I would have thought directing somebody who needs help away from this person would be a disservice to her because of the implications that has.

I too was of the idea that Customer Service Representatives ought to do their jobs as they should, period (mostly meaning that they should keep correspondence with one until they fulfilled their duty - this is, sending the spares one needed). But then, you never got in touch with them anymore, or at least until you needed more spares. 😄

It's something very different about dealing with CSRs that I learnt from my husband, treatment I learnt by chance that he would dispense to them, which really touched me because I'd have never thought of doing it the same way. True and honest gratitude, the type which goes beyond the fulfillment of a request. It's private, so I won't elaborate further on it.

Profit-seeking as in to make use of someone I'm fond of, and I'm sure, someone who still remembers about me as a customer because of the correspondence he had going on with my husband, just in order so that someone else would get attention; I don't know if that is even fair to Joanna (or any other CSR).

If you don't get your bacon from the nearby grocery store in the block, you'll have to go visit the supermarket, I guess. Simple as it is.

FYI, I've been waiting on sweet Joanna to get me a spare part for nearly three years now. Still, she's sweet to me, even when the part might never come.

What was even more pleasurably shocking is to have learnt by sheer chance that CSRs would take this kind of "friendship" into account when it happens.

Cheers,

Gwen

Yeah.

If a wholesale buyer, who raises purchase orders for several dozen packing cases at a time, that amounts to pallet after pallet doesnt have any contact details for a spare parts service then any retail facing agent is just lip service.

My experience of Trumpeter and Hobby Boss shows their kits are packed in such a way as to preclude the need for a spare parts service.
Their clear parts come wrapped up in foam wrap, cardboard packers hold parts hold parts safe for shipping, boxes with cardboard dividers etc etc etc.

Many of their products have had shot runs now, the energy problems they had are pretty much over for a year now.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:02 PM, ElectroSoldier said:

If a wholesale buyer, who raises purchase orders for several dozen packing cases at a time, that amounts to pallet after pallet doesnt have any contact details for a spare parts service then any retail facing agent is just lip service.

Well, this is certainly not the way how sweet Joanna handles requests for spare parts. If the part is not available, she sends mails to me every each three months to inform that the part is still not available, and also; she has sent me an e-mail in late January to notice me that the Customer Service Dept. was going to be out of reach until mid February, owing to the Chinese New Year festivities. This is what you call good Customer Servicing.

Still the part I requested is not available, but I won't be bothering her with my mails every month. This is where I understood why she would be so kind as to take a minute to get in touch with me every each three months, to keep me posted about the unavailability of this part.

Wish Great Wall Hobby would do the same about spare part requests, but I just quit daydreaming... :rolleyes:

I’ve purchased spare sprues before on eBay. They’re always packaged good and at a reasonable price, I’ve only purchased 1/32 scale, but it might be worth a search. 
when searching, I’ve had best results with a very broad search, i.e 1/32 spare sprues. Good luck

My experience is that it takes several tries to get in contact with their spares service. When you are "on the radar" contact is better, the problem is getting on the radar. I guess the have many requests.

What Su-11 parts do you need?

9 hours ago, Nebbor said:

My experience is that it takes several tries to get in contact with their spares service. When you are "on the radar" contact is better, the problem is getting on the radar. I guess the have many requests.

What Su-11 parts do you need?

Thanks all,

I've attempted contacting sweet Joanna three times now over the past four weeks with zero results taking politeness and cultural differences into account as one should, no sarcasm intended by the way.

However, I fear sweet Joaana, may have tranformed into grumpy Greg - I'm getting no feedback.

It concerns the undercaariage doors and the horizontal stabs.

Thanks all for the lively and sometimes esoteric discussion.

Groet,

Marc.

There are often good deals on the Su-9U Maiden at around £22. There probably is sufficient commonality on sprues C and D to get what you need for the Su-11 Fishpot. 

You could even make resin copies, or kindly ask someone who does, and have two great kits.

Tony