Resin items and CA glue alternative?

So after spending quite a bit of time fixing a resin part that I wasn't able to place properly before the CA glue dried (I fixed it and got it into position after much swearing and CA debonder) I was wondering if there is an alternative glue/epoxy? for resin items that gives you a little more time than 3 seconds 🙂  or so , any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Dan

If a piece of PE or Resin is somewhat difficult to position before the CA will set, I will tack it in place with small dabs of Microscale liqui-tape.  Once in the correct position, I'll use thin CA to secure it in place.

It depends on your location. I use Locktite Ultragel which is sold in most hardware stores and some supermarkets in US. For epoxy, I didn't notice real difference between couple of used brands from the same h/w stores.

There are many alternatives to CA glue.
I dislike to use of CA glue because of its "qualities".

There is the classic PVA glue, for many parts its good enough. I started to use a epoxy PUR glue a few years ago, its working time is more than long enough until the flashes off and dries very strong. It takes a long time to fully cure though and as its an exothermic resin it can get to hot for plastic if using more than a very thin layer of it.
There are many different types of it depending on where you are in the world so I wont bother with any brand names.