Westland Lynx in 1/72 - Hobby Boss or Revell

Yes the Hobbyboss is the newest one. The Revell Lynx is an upgrade of the old Matchbox tooling, which was first out in 1974. You also have Lynx kits from Airfix in 1/72 & 1/48 Fujimi.

Not sure about the Fujimi, I have never seen one, but the rest have accuracy issues to varying degrees. Probably the best kit currently is the Hobbyboss in 1/72 or Airfix in 1/48 (which is a very nice tooling)

--------------

22 hours ago, kg4kpg said:

I got a Hobby Boss kit. I don’t know enough to know the accuracy but I did pick up a set of BERP blades for it. Thanks 

Wise choice getting the new BERP blades for it as Hobbyboss got their boxing up of the various versions all mixed up & confused. Some versions which should have had them in it, don't. That said it is a ok kit, relatively well detailed & builds up fine. It's just not a massive improvement over the 1/72 Airfix kit.

---------------

On 5/1/2022 at 8:46 AM, barkin mad said:

Wise choice getting the new BERP blades for it as Hobbyboss got their boxing up of the various versions all mixed up & confused. Some versions which should have had them in it, don't. That said it is a ok kit, relatively well detailed & builds up fine. It's just not a massive improvement over the 1/72 Airfix kit.

---------------

Yeah,

I think the old Airfix kit beats the Hobby Boss kit in a few areas.

I ended up buying a few HB sprues for the clear "foot" windows, the intake screens, and some cabin details.  I will use them on my Airfix Lynx AH.7 and Lynx Mk.4(FN) projects along with some Airfix HMA.8 B.E.R.P. blades and tail rotors.

I am also considering making a German Navy Mk.88A but I'll need another HMA.8 kit for the rotors.

Cheers,

WARDOG

Have you guys checked if the HB is heavily influenced by the other kit? Some of the early HB kits seemed like reboxes of other kits with a few parts already put together and you could easily mix and match parts or at least that is what I recall.