Man cave advice needed

On 5/22/2022 at 9:22 AM, Scooby said:

He moved to Montreal to be closer to his grown up kids, he’s got free reign now. 😀

LOL!  Remember I mentioned my area is shared with “entertainment “ area?  Well that entertainment is for my grown kids when they bring friends home to visit and grandkids. 
Its a viscous cycle. Buy home, space is all yours. Have kids, share space. Kids grow up move out, you get space back.  And as soon as you get comfortable, BLAM! You’ve got grand kids that you have to set up kids toys and space for again.  
My wife actually saved the kids crib and Play School table and chairs and we’re using them with grands now. 

As Scooby said, the kids are definitely grown. The only worry is making sure any potential grandkids can be kept from breaking things... 😛

Good advice, A-10 Loader. I was thinking of hiring a designer.

ALF

• 6 months later...
On 5/19/2022 at 4:07 PM, A-10 LOADER said:

"If your gonna take the time to do something, do it right the first time."

That's good advice when applied to the actual construction.  When talking about the space design/layout/etc., you might not know it's not "right" until you start to use the space.  What looks/sounds great when planning sometimes turns out to be awkward, uncomfortable, or unworkable in practice.

34 minutes ago, Joe Hegedus said:

That's good advice when applied to the actual construction.  When talking about the space design/layout/etc., you might not know it's not "right" until you start to use the space.  What looks/sounds great when planning sometimes turns out to be awkward, uncomfortable, or unworkable in practice.

Agree.

Steve

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 8:10 PM, Scott Smith said:

Stash is kept in the garage. Kind of semi-climate controlled.

Loft O’ Models on this side.  All these large moving boxes are full of kits. 

F7Oy3Z.jpg

Shelf built on this side 

7shkMi.jpg

Great view !!! 

Im in the same boat is you! Finally decided on a paint booth. The best advice i can give you would be, get it complicated before the boss changes her mind and/or decides to whittle away at some of your cave for something else. 

• 2 weeks later...