I am slowly being converted to Maschinen Krieger  and other cool mechs. This year I purchased a Anycubic Photon SE my first project from a year of saved favorites was a STL package I found on GC Trader 100% 3D printed.

20220412_225528.jpg

Maschinen Krieger  painted in Luftwaffe colors.

After I completed this project and had all the kinks worked out for using a 3D printer I started looking at an idea for small diorama scene from a Artstation  print I saw on Pintrest.

70c0ed58398dfba5c88b28154aed8cde.jpg

I like this scene the combination of sci-fi and old school combined. Of course finding this exact mech is not possible as this was a painting so I looked for something similar mech. After a few weeks I found a site SANIX.com and purchased the STL files for the "Citadel"

12.jpg

This is great company and the model is so unique cant wait to get it assembled, weathered and painted. The  package consist of thirty or so files I was able to combine sometimes three parts onto one build plate.

11.jpg

10.jpg

I have files for the dog the hunter figure and the cabin all very close and it will make a good scene. I am estimating this will take me until Sept or October to finish all the models and the diorama.

So here we go...

This is my set up off to the side of my hobby room dedicated to 3D printing, the using a LDC printer is easy and quick. Here I am bringing the parts into the editing program known as Chitubox where I can resize the parts to any scale literrally as long as it fits on the printer bed. So the program mimics the printer plate and the inside printer height and widths. For this project I selected the legs to start as they will sit next to that cabin and will set the scale for everything.

20220418_162345.jpg

20220418_162026.jpg

After the parts were resized from 100% down to 81.98% I set the printing supports saved the file and started printing.

20220418_162314.jpg

Fast forward a few weeks and most of the parts are printed. Supports are removed now its time for sanding dry fitting yes sanding the thing about 3D models is they are printed in micro layers when printing with resin its almost smooth but a light sanding gives it the kit finish. Parts parts on the left un-sanded on the right are sanded.

20220502_210629.jpg

Thanks for looking more to come soon.