SR-71 start cart question.

I need help from those in the know. I have the new Revell kit and want to replace one of the engines on the stand with the Hypersonic start cart. I'm doing the record breaking flight to D.C. jet in 1990. My question(s) are. what color were the carts at Edwards and which engines did it have the Buick or Chevy? The instructions state most of the Buick were gone by the late 70s but some remained until after the switch from yellow to green. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I never served in an SR organization. I can say with certainty however that Air Force wide, all AGE (Aerospace Ground Equipment) both powered and non-powered went from yellow to od starting around 1977. I’m pretty sure FS 34087 was specified. Actually in many cases 14087 was more common. Powered AGE was anything with a internal combustion or turbine power plant, air cycling machines, light alls etc. Non powered AGE included all ladders and maintenance stands. By the late 90s a lot of AGE started sporting a gray finish.

12 hours ago, VIPER0177 said:

arnobiz the kit is great. It's well detailed with some really small p.e. and decals. The instructions are really good with large clear images. I highly recommend it.

Awesome, thanks! I'll get things in motion then 😄

Arnaud

On 5/6/2022 at 3:49 AM, arnobiz said:

Awesome, thanks! I'll get things in motion then 😄

Arnaud

It would be the Chevy engine, oddly I just read in the past week that the start cart was delivered to the museum too after retirement. But I can’t located where I read that now.

You may find this interesting in regards to the various colors.

https://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/startercart.php

Edited by Scooby