Kinetic Harrier speculation

I generally hate threads where someone asks, will XXX Co. produce a YYY? so let me put it this way: Has anyone seen or heard anything that might indicate that Kinetic will do an AV-8B series to follow their recently released AV-8A/GR.1-3? I'm not likely to build many Harriers in my lifetime. I've got a copy of the old Monogram AV-8B, but I really don't like the way they molded most of the seat integral with the cockpit tub; and the Hasegawa offering sounds like a smaller version of their F-14 in terms of engineering/fit.

This popped up on Britmodeller a while ago, it doesn't really answer your question, but maybe?

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235107778-148-completely-new-kinetic-model-kit-in-augustseptember-2022/

If we are lucky maybe @Raymond Chung will tell us. I am currently building the Kinetic F-104A and if they release an AV-8b to the same standard the Hasegawa kit will become redundant.

I'm currently building the Kinetic GR.3 Harrier, with the assistance of youtube videos.

The box has loads of pieces that relate to my purchase as well as their older kits i.e FRS1 & Fa2 & AV8A.

Having spent quite a bit of time researching the jet I'm building... build reviews and kit reviews, there have been years between releases. I don't really see another version anytime soon in this scale or by the producer soon.

Andy

Edited by ExchefAndy
6 hours ago, ExchefAndy said:

I'm currently building the Kinetic GR.3 Harrier, with the assistance of youtube videos.

The box has loads of pieces that relate to my purchase as well as their older kits i.e FRS1 & Fa2 & AV8A.

Having spent quite a bit of time researching the jet I'm building... build reviews and kit reviews, there have been years between releases. I don't really see another version anytime soon in this scale or by the producer soon.

Andy

How is the build going for you? I've watched a couple of YouTube build videos and will definitely consult them again if/when I acquire a copy of the kit.

The build has been fairly enjoyable so far, but you're best to use the videos to avoid problems. Keeping in mind that my return to this hobby was Tamy's 1/48 F-14, the bench mark is set quite high for fit and detail. There is some sanding and dry fitting to do to get it right, but I'm taking my time and would give this kit a preliminary 8/10. This may change further into the build but i doubt it. This is a passion project, so I want it to look great!

Andy

This was on kinetics Instagram account today. No real clue as to what it will be, so maybe your av-8b. If the need for speed line is a clue, however, I'm hoping for a new A-4 series. The hasegawa kits are good, but there is room for improvement. Also, the early model B and C are very difficult to come by. I really doubt they would do a new f-14 or f-18 with an the recent new releases of those

Screenshot_20220523-165639_Instagram.jpg

12 hours ago, Alternative 4 said:

The top gun reference suggests an A-4 to me. At a push an F-5.

They already have a F-5A, and AFV Club already makes a pretty bomb F-5E/F kit at a fair price, I can't see LM/Kinetic investing in tooling to try to compete with that.

Maybe LM bought KH's tools and they're putting metal gear legs and better cockpit PE in their Mirage F1 kit.

Edited by TheGloriousTachikoma
1 hour ago, Ben Brown said:

KH’s Mirage F.1 needed a lot more than gear struts and a decent cockpit. I keep hoping Kinetic will eventually release the F.1 they announced several years ago.

Ben

Thats what I understood (got back into model jets after KH went under) but lets be honest some of Kinetic's kits coughsmirageiiiecoughs are not what one would call good. But then I'm the sort that just needs the shapes to be mostly there and surface detail good.  Kinetic announced a F1?

Yeah, I recently built their Super Etendard. Their older kits are not in the same league as the newer kits. I think the F/A-18 series was the first of their new line of much higher quality kits.

Ben