Matt Bole from Hobby World USA...I want my $31.50 refund

June 27, 2021 I placed an order (#026737) with you for a number of items, mostly MRP paints.  I paid for the complete order using Paypal.  You shipped the bulk of them, but three bottles of MRP (MRP032, 197 and 198) were put on backorder...along with a bottle of Zero Paints Vintage Jaguar Opalescent Light Maroon.  The total for the three MRP paints and the Zero Paint was $31.50

I called and spoke with you a couple of times last fall...where you said you were variously either just about to place an order or an order was expected shortly from either/both MRP and Zero Paints.  I was patient.  I was polite.  I was understanding.  In January I started trying to reach you with some more urgency.  I called and left voicemails.  I emailed.  I messaged you on Facebook.  I listened to the SMG podcast where you described how your website issues had adversely affected your business.  I got no replies.  Nothing.

In March I finally got tired of waiting.  I left more voicemails and emails asking to cancel the backorder and get refunded my money.  Crickets.  I called early in the morning.  I called late at night.  I started calling on Weekends.  Completely ignored.  At this point it has been 11 months.  My patience and understanding are at an end.  I'm about 6 months past the point where I could file a complaint with Paypal...so I'm basically SOL unless you just do the right thing and send me my $31.50   Do so and you'll never have to deal with me again.  Life is too short.

Clearly attempting to contact you through regular means is pointless.  So I'm going to dial up the pain and suffering on your online reputation.  Matt, you might be a nice guy.  You might be in a tough spot.  But at this point I've reached the conclusion that you are a crook.  You may not intentionally try and defraud anyone, but the list of people you HAVE defrauded is substantial and getting longer.  I suggest for those of you reading this, do not do business with Hobbyworld USA in New Hampshire or Matt Bole, you can find everything you need elsewhere.  Sooner rather than later he will be sitting on your money as a interest free small business loan and you will be completely unable to contact him.

I would say that the seller is completely to blame for taking money and not refunding it.  And I don't know if this was a factor, but with the current supply chain issues, I think everyone has begun to expect delays, and are being more patient with sellers to get the items ordered.  I don't see how waiting makes the buyer somehow to blame for the seller's behavior.

There are delays, and there are delays. More than a few months I'd ask for a refund and then go on the "notify me when back in stock" list. The buyer had more than a generous time period to ask for a refund.
Does he still deserve his money back? Yes.
Is the seller scummy for ignoring the customer? Yes.
Should anyone be surprised that this is what happened as long as the customer waited? I think no.

1 hour ago, TheGloriousTachikoma said:

I think the time to demand a refund was eight months ago. No offense but you waited until after the 6 month...half a year Paypal window to start to take issue...the seller isn't the only one to blame at this point.

You must not have been paying attention to the world in the last 30 months.  Getting stuff from one side of the blue marble to another right now has been harder, slower and more expensive than you can believe.  So you order something that is from Europe and the UK... in the middle of COVID, in the middle of Brexit.  The guy says he's getting a shipment in a few weeks.  You say ok.  Weeks turn into a couple of months...  It doesn't take all that long to hit your Paypal 90 day window.  Unless of course you are an a**hole.

On 5/24/2022 at 3:07 PM, Cameron Lynch said:

FYI, Matt Bole posted on FB that a "refund is on the way" a couple of hours ago.  I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, and when I receive that refund I'll consider the matter closed.

I asked a question about MRP on FB a few years ago and mentioned that Hobby world was constantly out of the stuff. I was immediately jumped on by the likes of Jim D coming to Mr. Boles defense. did you get your FB account spammed and life threatened?
luckily there are other sources for MRP now

3 hours ago, habu2 said:

Who is Jim D and how is he related to this?

Jim decesare. sorry I thought most people knew about his abrasive personality here. he frequents several FB groups generally being a jackass

On 5/24/2022 at 4:07 PM, Cameron Lynch said:

FYI, Matt Bole posted on FB that a "refund is on the way" a couple of hours ago.  I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, and when I receive that refund I'll consider the matter closed.

He shorted me MRP paints two years ago and did the exact same thing that you went through, ignored all my calls and emails. I’ve read on both Hyperscale and ARC that he has done the same to many others.

A few people have gone the same route that you have and have got refunds, I haven’t received a refund. I won’t do any further business with him, no customer should have to fight with a vendor over paid undelivered goods.

And each paint he shorted me, he had highlighted on the shipping list. So he didn’t just accidentally miss the shipment. He should have refunded me the missed items and explained he was out of stock.

There are a lot of others who have complained on various websites in regards to his poor business ethics.

Edited by Scooby