1/144 AN-225 with Buran Shuttle

Wow, that is a gorgeous set of models! Normally, when I get the bug to build something, I just jump right in and buy a kit, which almost always ends up on a stack of things I'll get to "someday". And a Buran on the Antonov has been a dream build of mine since way before the Revell kit was released. But this has been one of those very rare occasions where I haven't followed through on my compulsion. I just know I have no room for such a beastie. That's never stopped me before, which is why I Really have no room for such a beastie. So I'll just have to admire yours. Nice work!! And thanks for posting! And where have you put it??

Edit: also fills me with some sadness now, thinking of the fate of first the Burans and now of the Antonov. Dream, indeed...

Edited by SpacecraftGuy

Hello everybody,

meanwhile Revell has also released a Kit (1:144) with the decals from the early years, when the An-225 was planned as Carrier Aircraft for the Russian Space Shuttle Buran. huh.gif

71VmDiA2N2L._AC_SX569_.jpg
Source: amazon.de

The kit is matching for the Buran Kit (1:144) from ARK Modelsup040577.gif

ark14402.jpg
Source: modellbau-koenig.de

Here the original on the 38. Paris International Aerospace Exhibition at Le Bourget Airport (1989). 

Buran_on_An-225_%28Le_Bourget_1989%29.JP
Source: wikimedia.org

Hi Ron,

a walk through the An-225, what a dream ... unfortunately the dream is over now ... :hmmm:

That's why at some point I'll build the Mrija in the Ukrainian national colors as a tribute to this unique queen of the skies. b033.gif

up066086.jpg

She was indeed a dream ... up045518.gif

up076149.gif

I once saw her landing at Leipzig/Halle Airport and drove for it 470 km from Stuttgart by car, what the rendezvous with the great Lady was worth to me! up040577.gif

A spectacular photo from a spotter forum, that illustrates the dimensions of this giant plane, taxiing over the highway (11/16/2016) ... :thumbsup:

b1fe5a80995a582a91b36fbfe27a8f88f8b94bfb

Source: de.flightaware.com

Edited by spaceman
  • 2 weeks later...