New tool F-16AM MLU in 1:48 announced by Kinetic

As the article shows, it can be built into a decent model but it takes a lot of work. Most don't build a second one. Holding judgement on the new molds until I have one in hand. 

14 hours ago, habu2 said:

As the article shows, it can be built into a decent model but it takes a lot of work. Most don't build a second one. Holding judgement on the new molds until I have one in hand. 

I almost pulled the trigger on a Pre-Order, but dont want to get burnt again. 

• 1 month later...

It makes sense. It's just a couple small sprues and new decals. I wish there were test shots out though. I want to see what ordnance it comes with. I'm also curious about the magnets. Is the modeler going to have to glue them into the kit parts or will they lock in to cavities? The best way I see this being done is with metal in the ordnance and magnets captured in the pylons/rails, but getting a steel wire in the core of  1/48 Aim9 or even aim120 will be interesting. I tried using tiny neodymium magnets with an aim120 and its lau and the results are not too good, one can barely see the hole for the magnet from the side. 

On 6/12/2022 at 1:52 AM, jonbryon said:

Thanks, that saved me some money. When a new uber-kit comes out, I try to get the older kits at a steep discount. In this case, this is a big "NOPE"!

Oh, and it's a fantastic build article. I appreciate your candid descriptions of your kit struggles. I'm usually much too frustrated to write mine down, and if they get to a certain level, I just bin the kit (sometimes with a cathartic stomping into the basement floor) and move on to another.

Edited by sierrascale
6 hours ago, sierrascale said:

Thanks, that saved me some money. When a new uber-kit comes out, I try to get the older kits at a steep discount. In this case, this is a big "NOPE"!

Oh, and it's a fantastic build article. I appreciate your candid descriptions of your kit struggles. I'm usually much too frustrated to write mine down, and if they get to a certain level, I just bin the kit (sometimes with a cathartic stomping into the basement floor) and move on to another.

Thanks 😊 Glad I saved you some cash!

Jon

• 1 month later...

I received a photo of two built up test shots last night and it looks good. Keep in mind, I'm not an F-16 guy and won't comment on accuracy. I'll leave that to those that know the aircraft better than I when they get their kits in hand.

Kit is expected to be released in the US in November-ish.

Edited by Dave Roof
1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

I received a photo of two built up test shots last night and it looks good. Keep in mind, I'm not an F-16 guy and won't comment on accuracy. I'll leave that to those that know the aircraft better than I when they get their kits in hand.

However, kit features seen in the photo include a radar, left hand HTS, GBU-12, -24, -31, -38, AIM-120, AIM-9X, AGM-88, AN/ALQ-119 and TER-9 High Speed TER. Static dischargers and separate trailing edge flaps were also noted. Photo is taken from a couple feet away and the light washes out some of the details, but what can be seen looks very similar to their F-104 (panel line fidelity, crispness of parts, etc.)

Kit is expected to be released in the US in November-ish.

Dave,  could you post those pictures here?

57 minutes ago, Bsin said:

Dave,  could you post those pictures here?

Not sure. I'll ask

***And the answer was no, not until they show the test shots at the NRHSA show mentioned above. Also removed some of the text from the post above.

Edited by Dave Roof
14 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Not sure. I'll ask

***And the answer was no, not until they show the test shots at the NRHSA show mentioned above. Also removed some of the text from the post above.

Dave, after the unveiling, will Kinetic be sending you a copy for review?