New tool F-16AM MLU in 1:48 announced by Kinetic

At least they done away with that ghastly forward fuselage seam, hopefully the parts fit is better than the previous release, would take that over a box full of weapons I'm not going to use. Now, they added a rear fuselage seam, hopefully it fits well.

5 minutes ago, bashace said:

At least they done away with that ghastly forward fuselage seam, hopefully the parts fit is better than the previous release, would take that over a box full of weapons I'm not going to use. Now, they added a rear fuselage seam, hopefully it fits well.

They claim it's going to be a perfect fit. We will see.

10 minutes ago, Solo said:

Hard to believe:
image.png.634014c05efc3bd6f4b7a4650eb46d56.png

You realize this is just a test shot put together for nothing more than display, right? JFC, some of you seem to go out of your way to point out faults and be critical for no other reason than you can. 

I kind of like the break-down of this kit, makes a LOT of different versions possible. Only thing not possible OOB it seems are  the early blocks with the small stabs and the YF-16. That is assuming the B/D front fuselage would be included in all kits (= most unlikely). I would like a light version of this kit without armament if that would have a reduced price. Don't care much for the armament sprue(s) except for maybe the ALQ-119

2 minutes ago, Solo said:

Kinetic promised "Snap fit modelling experience – (no more sanding to fit)" - so please, don't be ridiculous.

You're complete and utter refusal to take things in context is amazing. This is a TEST SHOT that is simply slapped together to show the whole kit, nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

You're complete and utter refusal to take things in context is amazing. This is a TEST SHOT that is simply slapped together to show the whole kit, nothing more. 

I know what "test shot" means. And I know there is not much space to correct moulds to final version. So please...
I only hope those horrible fitting issues visible on the pictures are caused by rush during build.

1 hour ago, Solo said:

I know what "test shot" means. And I know there is not much space to correct moulds to final version. So please...
I only hope those horrible fitting issues visible on the pictures are caused by rush during build.

I agree!

I remember watching a video some time ago on youtube, it was a guy trying to make an F-16I Sufa. He got into the build and then decided to drop a hammer on it because he just didnt have what it takes to build it.

To much like hard work.

Kind of like the difference between buying and making up Ikea furniture and being a cabinet maker..

Having not seen any announcement for a new F-16D, I'm hoping this goes well. It's not part of the F-16C kit, is it?

Yes, its a fast test build, so there will be gaps and minor fit issues. 
Given that Tamiya has given up on their F-16 line and the Hasegawa being ancient and far OOP, this provides something to fill the void. 

-Jeff

2 hours ago, Solo said:

Kinetic promised "Snap fit modelling experience – (no more sanding to fit)" - so please, don't be ridiculous.

Solo sorry that is my fault I over it the part from the sprue during my stay in hotel. I will take pictures in the F-16a without seems build up.  Well you guys have a sharp eyes. 

22 minutes ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

I can’t tell from these pics and Facebook pics, but anyone know or see if it will be possible to build the D as a block 25? Are the IFF blades molded into the front?

The D will be in different box 

for block 25 you need to sand out the IFF from the nose 

4 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

...  some of you seem to go out of your way to point out faults and be critical for no other reason than you can. 

Amen!

Thanks for the built up pics - the test shots look great, especially the two seater.

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
1 hour ago, Raymond Chung said:

Solo sorry that is my fault I over it the part from the sprue during my stay in hotel. I will take pictures in the F-16a without seems build up.  Well you guys have a sharp eyes. 

I wouldnt worry about it Raymond, you will always get people who want the kit to build itself and get 50 cents change from a 5 dollar bill when they buy it too.

What decal options will you be putting with the kit? I know you guys like your special schemes. Do you plan on any of the "Dirty Diana" schemes? I know Italeri have had sales success with their decal options.

1 hour ago, Raymond Chung said:

Ok, so if that is just the building rush matter, I understand.
Hope to see good pictures of sprues. Overall models on Dave's poictures look great, quality of the surface is similar to Tamiya, so I hope the same about fitting.
BTW, what is that?
image.thumb.png.d5af360968258df385a43b141fc802a3.png

One more thing are static dischargers, I think I see them all on the one side of the rudder, although they should be placed there alternately on both sides.
image.png.95c0e5b216fd5a8866a71355699eb169.png

48 minutes ago, Solo said:

One more thing are static dischargers, I think I see them all on the one side of the rudder, although they should be placed there alternately on both sides.

Unbuildable!

Geoff M

53 minutes ago, Solo said:

Ok, so if that is just the building rush matter, I understand.
Hope to see good pictures of sprues. Overall models on Dave's poictures look great, quality of the surface is similar to Tamiya, so I hope the same about fitting.
BTW, what is that?
image.thumb.png.d5af360968258df385a43b141fc802a3.png

This is panel specified for Block 50/70/72

for earlier variant it needed to be filled