New tool F-16AM MLU in 1:48 announced by Kinetic

33 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

This is panel specified for Block 50/70/72

for earlier variant it needed to be filled

That is really cool you made it there. Even Tamiya's F-16 don't have that detail.
BTW: I see on sprues tail base with parachute and sensors just for Block 52+ (Polish, Greek ect.). Are you going to release Polish Air Forces kit in future?
image.thumb.png.9c03555d0595792b56a83b30df052c3f.png

Edited by Solo

I really like the surface detail. I hope it also fits well. I am desperately waiting for the D-Block 50+ (GE engines). Raymond, IIRC you mentioned over FB that this was in your plans. Any idea when we will get to that, or anything you can share regarding the order of versions you will be releasing? 

17 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

The lighting at the show are yellow so make you feel tinted. 

It will be provided in clear plastic, we will see if we can offer tinted one as separate product. 

If it were me, I'd pass on the tinted canopy. It is hard to get it just right (Tamiya's is too dark). Also, many two seaters have only the front half tinted and not the rear. I'd just let the modelers airbrush a thinned clear paint. You can even add that to the instructions (something like "Airbrush a mix of Tamiya smoke:clear yellow:X-20A in 1:1:8" whatever)

29 minutes ago, Janissary said:

I really like the surface detail. I hope it also fits well. I am desperately waiting for the D-Block 50+ (GE engines). Raymond, IIRC you mentioned over FB that this was in your plans. Any idea when we will get to that, or anything you can share regarding the order of versions you will be releasing? 

The entire viper family will be considered. 

only the block 60 will be skipped and it will be offered in old tooling. 

we will release the viper family in our schedule timeframe. Not too fast not too slow.

Looking good... A few observations if I may. Mostly to do with building early airframes from this kit.

On the forward fuselage, the L-Shaped Pressure relief panel on the right side should be flipped 180 degrees on earlier airframes. The inboard LEF fingers a should only have two fingers on earlier airframes, and the small bulges on the wing roots are also absent on early airframes (to be fair, Tamiya has you sand those off). It would also be nice if the GPS antenna was a separate part, since that would be missing on early (Non-MLU) airframes as well (Could sand this one off too I guess).

I think a really user-friendly solution would be to release a boxing with an "early" front fuselage and wings absent those details, but if nothing else, maybe include a PE scribing template for the Pressure relief valve pannel, as that's kind of tricky to scribe.

One last nit-pick I promise. The aft-most upper fuel cell panel on the C/D should have a straight top, not angled. I think...correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm really hoping that we can get a world-beating early-A airframe out of this tooling and finally put the old Hasegawa kit to bed. I see an early gun muzzle panel so fingers crossed!

Edited by LawnDartsRUs
Clarification
8 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Going by the photos it will be but there are way to many depressed ejector pin marks all over the parts.
Engine, wheel wheel, under carriage doors, intake trunking.

And there seems to be sink marks in the lower fuselage wing roots too

Well, the kits being shown are early test shots and if you look closely, the part numbers aren't even on the sprues. I'm sure the final molds and finished parts will have more subtle pin marks than what are currently shown. With the exception of the intake trunks, the Tamiya F-16's have visible ejector pin marks on all of the parts you noted above.

9 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Well, the kits being shown are early test shots and if you look closely, the part numbers aren't even on the sprues. I'm sure the final molds and finished parts will have more subtle pin marks than what are currently shown. With the exception of the intake trunks, the Tamiya F-16's have visible ejector pin marks on all of the parts you noted above.

WORD!

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

I dont mind pins on things like the intake trunk its when you get them on the internal engine parts.
The detail looks like an American waffle but in each corner a deep ejector pin. It would be very hard to fix that and then get the detail back.

Looking around the sprue, and correct me if im wrong as its meant to be there, but even the CCG section of the GBU-24 didnt escape the ejector.

8 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Don’t like what you see on the test shot, then don’t buy the kit when it comes out.  Simple as that.  The amount of whining on this forum on a kit that hasn’t actually been released, usually from the same couple of people, is incredible.

4 hours ago, Bsin said:

WORD!

Not fair of me to steal Brad's tag line, so I've simply quoted him!

13 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Don’t like what you see on the test shot, then don’t buy the kit when it comes out.  Simple as that.  

Don't like what you see on that discussion forum, then don't read it. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Don’t like what you see on the test shot, then don’t buy the kit when it comes out.  Simple as that.  The amount of whining on this forum on a kit that hasn’t actually been released, usually from the same couple of people, is incredible.

If nothing is said now then there is a chance it will make it onto the production tooling.

I would have thought constructive comments to improve the kit would be welcome. Or are they only welcome when someone you like make them?

This is a discussion forum, this kind of thing is what this place is for.

I dont believe my last post could have been clearer that there is nothing wrong with ejector pin marks until they are in a place that makes them very difficult to remove.

Considering all that... The spirit in which they were said and the reason why then I would say if you dont like it then hard luck.

On 9/13/2022 at 9:46 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

I remember watching a video some time ago on youtube, it was a guy trying to make an F-16I Sufa. He got into the build and then decided to drop a hammer on it because he just didnt have what it takes to build it.

To much like hard work.

Kind of like the difference between buying and making up Ikea furniture and being a cabinet maker..

I'm feeling his pain right now, feel like I'm atoning for all my sins on the F-16C Block 52+ build, this is my second attempt at a Kinetic F-16, I had too many sins on the first one and couldn't get it across the finish line.

10 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I dont believe my last post could have been clearer that there is nothing wrong with ejector pin marks until they are in a place that makes them very difficult to remove.

For the gear bay doors in particular where would suggest they put them?  It looks like the detail is on both sides of the part...So they have to go somewhere.