New tool F-16AM MLU in 1:48 announced by Kinetic

53 minutes ago, a4s4eva said:

For the gear bay doors in particular where would suggest they put them?  It looks like the detail is on both sides of the part...So they have to go somewhere.

Put four sprue gates per door near the corners of the door and move the ejector pin location to the sprues close to the part instead of on the part.

8 hours ago, a4s4eva said:

For the gear bay doors in particular where would suggest they put them?  It looks like the detail is on both sides of the part...So they have to go somewhere.

Go back and read the post.

Other companies dont seem to have any problem poping out similar sized, equally detailed parts out of the molds without a problem. So I would suggest nowhere. They arent needed. 

54 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Other companies dont seem to have any problem poping out similar sized, equally detailed parts out of the molds without a problem. So I would suggest nowhere. They arent needed. 

I would agree with that.  I think is a safe bet that Kinetic's is aware of the problem, after all, what we are seeing are test shots, and not the final  product . We can only hope that they will overcome it, when it comes to  the final  production.

Edited by Bsin
27 minutes ago, Bsin said:

I would agree with that.  I think is a safe bet the Kinetic's is aware of the problem, after all, what we are seeing are test shots, and not the final  product . We can only hope that they will overcome it, when it comes to  the final  production.

I would say youre right.
The parts are covered in ejector pins, which isnt usual but it is a test shot not production.
I have no doubt they will not be on the production molds, and if they are its not like its a deal breaker for the kit over all.

That F-16 kit seems to be really good kit, but those small, lets say: imperfections, are really annoying. I know I can replace exhaust with resin one, the same is with loadout, but there was "promise", that this one will be something new and almost perfect. Apparently it is not. Hope the Kinetic fix it all before final launch.

9 minutes ago, Solo said:

That F-16 kit seems to be really good kit, but those small, lets say: imperfections, are really annoying. I know I can replace exhaust with resin one, the same is with loadout, but there was "promise", that this one will be something new and almost perfect. Apparently it is not. Hope the Kinetic fix it all before final launch.

What's worng with the  weapons loadout?

First of all: there are divided into so many parts. I don't like it, it is something similar to weapons in Tamiya's F-14. But Tamiya made it with perfect fit, I don't believe Kinetic is able to the same. Sidewinders, AGM-88, GBU-31 - all of that is made of so many parts and it will be not so easy to put it together without putty and sanding. Also I am not so sure about proper shape of GBU-31, but maybe I am wrong. Following those above: I really prefer to use perfect resin loadout from Eduard or ResKit and avoid any troubles with Kienetic's one.

12 minutes ago, Solo said:

First of all: there are divided into so many parts. I don't like it, it is something similar to weapons in Tamiya's F-14. But Tamiya made it with perfect fit, I don't believe Kinetic is able to the same. Sidewinders, AGM-88, GBU-31 - all of that is made of so many parts and it will be not so easy to put it together without putty and sanding. Also I am not so sure about proper shape of GBU-31, but maybe I am wrong. Following those above: I really prefer to use perfect resin loadout from Eduard or ResKit and avoid any troubles with Kienetic's one.

I see.

1 hour ago, Solo said:

This is a big reason why I admire GWH and AMK so much. They are molding their missiles and bombs in one piece. I hate trying to line up halves of round objects, it almost never ends up right. Even with Gunpla kits where Bandai's legendary fit applies, there is still usually a tiny step and the glued and sanded parts are out of round. 

3 minutes ago, TheGloriousTachikoma said:

This is a big reason why I admire GWH and AMK so much. They are molding their missiles and bombs in one piece. I hate trying to line up halves of round objects, it almost never ends up right. Even with Gunpla kits where Bandai's legendary fit applies, there is still usually a tiny step and the glued and sanded parts are out of round. 

Good point. 

Kinetic is making the weapons that way in part to have the magnets fit in. So you can change out a load and switch weapons around for display. And they’ve got the design to have the parts fit perfectly. They’ve been making big advances in fit and quality so why don’t we wait and see. This is a new generation of their molding ability so the old experiences don’t count anymore. 
brian

7 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Kinetic is making the weapons that way in part to have the magnets fit in. So you can change out a load and switch weapons around for display. And they’ve got the design to have the parts fit perfectly. They’ve been making big advances in fit and quality so why don’t we wait and see. This is a new generation of their molding ability so the old experiences don’t count anymore. 
brian

Kinetic is making the weapons that way because the magnets? Come on, for magnets fit they cut AGM-88 for 10 pieces, if I see it correctly? Please...
image.png.5e87e07b95b7d96a2633182af0a18cae.png

19 minutes ago, Solo said:

They said to been making big advances in fit and quality.

And this is IMHO proved with their recent and delightful 1/48 IA 58 Pucará kit, a beautifully fitting kit with lovely fine details. I have the feeling they have improved on the details finesse on this F-16 kit.

These guys are really giving us great subjects and I can see their game upping with every release.

Cheers, Stefan

To be honest, the breakdown of the weapon parts does raise some concerns. But then again, the previous weapon sprue got a lot of negative reviews.

But it mostly came from the parts quality. To my standard they were ok-ish. Although I kind of had good time building the previous F-16.

It's kind of cool the GBU-49 is there. Just wish there were options for both the GBU-12 and -49 to be able to be built.

7 hours ago, Thadeus said:

To be honest, the breakdown of the weapon parts does raise some concerns. But then again, the previous weapon sprue got a lot of negative reviews.

But it mostly came from the parts quality. To my standard they were ok-ish. Although I kind of had good time building the previous F-16.

It's kind of cool the GBU-49 is there. Just wish there were options for both the GBU-12 and -49 to be able to be built.

Breakdown into lots of small parts isnt the problem if the quality is there. Going back to Bandai their RealGrade line (sand newer Master Grade kits) uses lots of tiny parts to get color separation on weapons in a similar manner. It comes down to how finely engineered the locating pegs are and if the plastic is suitably hard to support that finesse.

13 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I read it.  But there are similar marks in Tamiya's kit in equally annoying locations.. On those doors Kinetics locations are probably the best spots.

But by all means suggest alternatives if you have some expertise in moulding (like Crash test dummy did).

Edited by a4s4eva
9 hours ago, Solo said:

I would rather said I see a lot good things about that new kit, but also to many minor, but annoying issues, which such big company as Kinetic should avoid.
But yes, I will wait until first build reviews.

Kinetic, Big company?...  Yeah - nah