New tool F-16AM MLU in 1:48 announced by Kinetic

On 9/13/2022 at 9:48 PM, ElectroSoldier said:

Going by the photos it will be but there are way to many depressed ejector pin marks all over the parts.
Engine, wheel wheel, under carriage doors, intake trunking.

And there seems to be sink marks in the lower fuselage wing roots too

I'm currently working in the engine/intake assembly now on a Block 52+, to be honest, the ejector pin marks on the engine face are a little annoying when you're looking at the part before assembly. The intake trunking itself wasn't too difficult to deal with, once you install that engine face way in the back of that contorted intake, you are going to have to work really hard to make out any specific details on it.

eZZE0kx.jpg

NTEMSmT.jpg

Edited by bashace
Photo Link Change
6 hours ago, bashace said:

You are correct, this was only for discussion sake from previously mentioned issues.

It also has no relevance to the new kit. Bringing it up in this discussion is just muddying an already murky pond.

Regards,

John

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Gary F said:

I haven’t seen sprue shots for the new A and C. I noticed shipping for the C is $21 and $32 for the A , to my location.  Is there a lot more plastic in the A kit?

I would check again. Should be just about the same amount of plastic in each of the boxes. 

Saw the price difference in shipping too.  It is real on the LM site.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the MLU kit has some extra weapons sprues for various  air forces, plus if the C tail is on a common sprue, they would have to add a sprue with the A tail for the MLU kit.  Without seeing exactly how the sprues are broken down, it’s possible that there is an extra sprue or two in the MLU kit.  While not significantly adding to to the weight, it could be just enough to push the shipping into a higher weight class.

Yeah, I guess the C could be sitting right next to the po’s step function for shipping and the A with only a part or two difference could bump it up to the next rate. 
When I saw the 50% jump in shipping from the C to the A my brain jumped to it must be a notable weight change, 

Thanks guys. 

1 minute ago, Gary F said:

Shipping difference is fixed … both kits are now $33 for shipping to my location. 

Guess the guys who jumped on the C model while the shipping was only $21 lucked out.

I just hope the Quinta cockpit sets for the previous kits still fit.  I have one of the new MLU kits on the way.

49 minutes ago, Gary F said:

The sprue pics are now up on LM. From what I can see it looks like the plastic is the same in both kits, just different decals and instructions. Will see when my C gets here. 

Saw that.  Disappointed there aren’t any PE reinforcement plates for the MLU.  I’ve got the MLU on the way and will compare to the my previous kit.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a locating hole for the fin base, once installed, the huge at the fin will flash it out.

the old design is using a tab to install it, but it would have a possible angle drift.

so we try this time with a locating pin 

Edited by Raymond Chung

Received my new MLU kit today.  It looks pretty good.  The upfront HUD controller looks taller, so hopefully the problem on the old kit with the large gap between the underside of the glare shield and the top of the IP is fixed.  Hopefully the Quinta Models cockpit set made for the older kit still fits.  Not sure I understand the “Magfire” weapons system.  There is nothing to indicate that the weapons are held in place by magnets or really interchangeable.  Looks like standard glue on weapons to me.  Pretty good selection of weapons, although I’m a little disappointed that the only ECM pod included is the ALQ-184.  An ALQ-131 option would have been nice.

Edited by Dave Williams
2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Not sure I understand the “Magfire” weapons system.  There is nothing to indicate that the weapons are held in place by magnets or really interchangeable.  Looks like standard glue on weapons to me.  

Over on Britmodeller a Kinetic company representative said they could not include magnets due to regulations in various countries. Loose magnets are considered a safety hazard if swallowed. The rep gave a size of 1mm x 1.2mm (length).

From sprue shots I could see where magnets went on most of the weapons, but it wasn't clear to me that the pylons had the corresponding recesses.