It's been a while since I posted here.  A few months and one website ago.  But I now have a new website, and I'd still enjoy sharing my artwork here for those interested. 

Reaching back into the dark recesses of my memory (ha!) I seem to recall that I was working on a B-52 3D model the last time I posted anything here.  As you can see, I got that sorted...

61797356_B-52OnTheGrid0216202272DPISmallCopy.thumb.jpg.978496d0685eb9e76434136bcdc2b1eb.jpg

This is a piece that I titled "On The Grid," which recalls the "Operation Chrome Dome" missions.  A pretty staggering endeavor keeping pairs of nuclear-armed B-52s airborne 24-7!

1861407848_B-52Stratofortress-MorningLaunch-JohnMatthews.thumb.jpg.f8893b14956af66082843689690ca3c1.jpg

I called this one "Morning Launch."  Carswell AFB B-52s climbing through a vivid Texas morning sky.

That's just a couple of the B-52 pieces I've finished.  All of my B-52 work thus far is on my website, and it's all available through my page at Fine Art America.

Safe Skies!

-John

Edited by John Matthews Art
Adding tags