2021 CF-18 Hornet special, (2022 Hornet Group build)

Starting a very recent CF-18 Hornet Special. 1/48 Hasegawa CF-18 with Above and Below decals . Hopefully someone can help me with part G-4 the spine for a A or C Hornet. Mt kit has the B/D spine but all the other A/C parts.

0phJ7lD.jpg

rEqyefb.jpg

Shawn, do you think the Kinetic part might fit? I have a few CF-18 A/B kits, and the parts look somewhat similar.

eoUogNN.jpg

tCxnpYp.jpg

I could be persuaded to build a dual with this kit, if you think the spine for the Kinetic single would fit your Hasegawa. 

Want it?

ALF

LOL! I hope Canada Post gets some fast trucks... at this rate, your model will be nearly finished before the spine gets there.

ALF

This is where the two kits are now separate builds I think it would be easier and show less error putting the Kenetic part on the kit with the red and yellow paint job. So this kit gets the ready to go Hasegawa part. Now they have the gloss on, and will wait a couple days drying before the decals go on.

SWHJYUL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, nice build! How were the decals to work with? I really liked that scheme, I was also fond of 735, it was a good jet.

I’m currently finishing up a 1/48 Hasegawa CF-18 I started in 1999! The same year I started working on Hornets. In the time since, I served another 8 years. The kit sat unfinished and minus paint. It travelled back to Edmonton, it was damaged badly twice. I was determined to finish it. Kind of funny, in various photos over the years it can be found on a shelf or table in the images.

Today I started decaling. My LEM decals from 2001 worked perfectly! I’m finishing it as 712, the color bird I had approved to have painted.

Really good. Above and Below decals owner was not happy thinking it came out to pink. But I like it. This is a company that is concerned with their product. He says he is sending me non pink shaded replacements!!!

My daughter liked it the way it is!