1/32 Czech Models T-33A (CT-133)

As part of the intake dry-fitting, I saw that the lower wing didn't fit at all because of those huge intake trunks. That's why I chopped the things. I think part of the problem is that the cockpit is sitting a bit too low, pushing everything down. 

kMQ4p21.jpg

I finally got things to fit a little better, but there are still some big problems.

The aft fuselage to wing join is odd. The arc is different on each, leaving a huge step.

HInoaEt.jpg

I got it all together after lots of chopping and dry-fitting. Putty will be required!!!

Q9hZYxZ.jpg

Tops of the wings glued in place. Even fitting them without anything else installed (tops of wings to fuselage), the joins are not even remotely the same shape. Grrr. More putty here soon.

0nWUKYu.jpg

Tip tanks are coming along.

CtXSjNU.jpg

Putty time!

ALF

23 hours ago, Geoff M said:

This beast is battling you, but I know you will subdue it in the end.  Looking good so far.

Geoff M

Thanks Geoff. I wish I shared your confidence... 🙂 

Somehow, I will force it to work.

Putty time! I like to use nail polish remover and a Q-Tip to shape it before it dries. This works for most applications.

JargkaK.jpg

Will need a second coat, but better already.

eYJLiHe.jpg

K07ZT5a.jpg

Remember how horrible the bottom was?

Q9hZYxZ.jpg

Lots of putty required here.

xatbJrW.jpg

Coming along.

zLnJQew.jpg

I will be using Leading Edge decals for this one. I had a look at the colour scheme to see what needed to be red or black.

S5TnGue.jpg?1

Since I'm using a brush, I wanted to do the first trials on the underside, and make sure that the red paint would be smooth enough. Looks okay.

JSWpjI1.jpg

The beauty of using metal foil is that the sharp edges of the red and black can be made by cutting the foil along a panel line. Makes for precise paint jobs with little extra effort.

More soon - thanks for looking in.

ALF