Anyone planning accurate 1/48 SH decals for Top Gun: Maverick?

I know that the new Meng and movie tie-in Revell 1/48 F/A-18E kits have decals for the movie bird, but both are incorrect (the Revell kit has other issues, like the incorrect ECS exhausts, but that’s another story).  Namely, they lack the striping and TOP GUN logo for the centerline tank.  They also have an incorrect stylized national insignia, whereas it looks like the actual aircraft used standard lo-viz insignia (although this isn’t a problem for the Meng kit, as the normal insignia are included on the sheet for the other decal options). Also know that Fightertown decals did sheet 48077, for a number of Top Gun aircraft, including an F model SH in that scheme, and included the tank markings, but that sheet is OOP, and it’s not worth trying to find/paying a high price for just the tank decals.

The V2 of the Fightertown sheet is already out, if you can find it. Brian didnt say anything about changing the markings for the Super Hornet, so I imagine they are already complete and accurate.

1 hour ago, Spook498 said:

The V2 of the Fightertown sheet is already out, if you can find it. Brian didnt say anything about changing the markings for the Super Hornet, so I imagine they are already complete and accurate.

The V2 sheet was released a few years ago and is sold out.  About all I can find is one on eBay for $100.

V2 + Some additional (non specified yet) schemes

Here is Brian's official communication:

"Good morning Aviators! With the release of TOPGUN Maverick and the overwhelming amount of requests for this sheet, we are doing a reprint/redo. Mixing up a few things to include the new Maverick Tomcat and some other recent Adversary paint schemes. No release date yet but trying to have it back for IPMS NATS at the end of July. Have a Bandit day."

Edited by arnobiz
1 hour ago, Solo said:

But V2 mixed old decals with new Maverick Tomcat.

So what?  It’s not identical to the original 2015 release of sheet 48077, which is why they called it V2.  They said they are going to be reissuing the sheet with a few new schemes, so it won’t be identical to V2.  People are assuming it will be called V3.