Testors new line of spray paint

This is not the old "Model Master" but the new release of spray paints. 

Just to warn you, this paint has ruined 2 of my planes so far. (1/48 Sepecat Jaguar was painted with MM over a3 months ago and the 1/48 A-6E Intruder, been painted with Humbrol paints over 20 years ago) the Testor dull coat, caused the paint to separate on the Jaguar (the paint has dried for 2 weeks) and made strange swirls appear on both models(not orange peeling) have not seen this before. 

Been modeling for 35 years.  I shook the can for 20 minutes before use and the stream/spray applied from 8 to 12 inches away. Caused the model to be covered in small bubbles over the whole model. I cleaned the nozzle and shook the can for another 30 minutes with the same results after I moved the can to 15 inches away.

Not impressed with Testors new line of anything. Their new liquid glue release with the plastic spout, rather than the MM steel applicator. was a joke. the directions stated to poke the end of the tube to get the glue flowing, if having problems with glue flow. After removing several 2 mm sections, I observed a green stem inside the glue tube. I pressed this in and still no glue, I removed almost the whole spout and pushed the green stem in and squeezed the bottle hard and still no glue came out. I t was a full bottle, (bought 4 bottles) from Hobbytown. The gave me a refund on the messed up/defective bottle and the rest of the un-opened bottles of glue.  Great for Hobbytown, pisspoor on Testors. 

I purchased 6 bottles of the Revell glue with the steel applicator. 

BE WARNED   

Not surprising. Ever since Rustoleum bought out Testors and started discontinuing all of their enamel paint line, It was obvious they wanted nothing to do with the product lines they acquired. I just need to buy some more of their Testors liquid cement, before they screw it up or discontinue it.

Then they announced that they were doubling the price on their little 1/4 oz bottles of Testors paint. 

BOYCOTT Rustoleum!

Larry

4 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

Not surprising. Ever since Rustoleum bought out Testors and started discontinuing all of their enamel paint line, It was obvious they wanted nothing to do with the product lines they acquired. I just need to buy some more of their Testors liquid cement, before they screw it up or discontinue it.

Then they announced that they were doubling the price on their little 1/4 oz bottles of Testors paint. 

BOYCOTT Rustoleum!

Larry

I switched to Tamiya, no drama so far.

11 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

BOYCOTT Rustoleum!

Larry

Do you have a link that gives more info on the price increase for the 1/4oz bottles? I have checked on Ebay and the prices are from roughly $4-$6.

Testors 1/4oz enamel paint on Ebay

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I have obtained the bottle paints at 2.99 on ebay. I have seen $7.00 for the paint. You have to look around.

I had 2 ($8.00 in total) bottles of future before moving. Forgot to pack them, I guess people on ebay know what they have.  1 half bottle cost me $22.00 before shipping.

Don't know what to replace it with, but it works great with decals.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:47 PM, F-16 said:

Do you have a link that gives more info on the price increase for the 1/4oz bottles? I have checked on Ebay and the prices are from roughly $4-$6.

Testors 1/4oz enamel paint on Ebay

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

No link. A friend told me he saw it mentioned on the Southern Air Craftsmen Facebook page.

Since I don't do Facebook, I took him at his word.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/171025173339805/

• 2 weeks later...