I recently picked up the 1/48 GWH F-1C MSIP II kit and want to build it as the Grim Reapers bird with the special markings on the recent Two Bobs sheet.  

From what I can tell I need to upgrade the cockpit to the PAD or PASS configuration.  I see only two options for the BAM models, and Quinta Studios.   I'm thinking that maybe the best option is to get both.  

Also, the wheels need to be upgraded, the new versions.  It appears that again BAM models or phase Hangar have them, which is the best? 

Any other things I should "upgrade"?  I don't care much about the shape issues pointed out in my previous thread.  Do the exhaust need "upgrading"  

Honza's stuff is awesome to upgrade your Eagle's exterior.

You would need the PASS upgrade indeed. Quinta's gives you only the IP (in their nice colour 3D prints) and coaming, BAM gives you a bit more, in particular the new JFS exhaust and the JHCMS Magnetic Tracking Unit.

The BAM wheels are only for two-seaters (F-15C wheels are a bit slimmer although the difference is small). I don't believe anyone makes modern F-15C wheels so I might do them sometime soon 🙂

Recent F-15Cs are often seen with the Legion pod, sometimes with the Dragon's Eye pod - both available at BAM

I hope this helps,

Arnaud

9 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

I recently picked up the 1/48 GWH F-1C MSIP II kit and want to build it as the Grim Reapers bird with the special markings on the recent Two Bobs sheet.  

From what I can tell I need to upgrade the cockpit to the PAD or PASS configuration.  I see only two options for the BAM models, and Quinta Studios.   I'm thinking that maybe the best option is to get both.  

Also, the wheels need to be upgraded, the new versions.  It appears that again BAM models or phase Hangar have them, which is the best? 

Any other things I should "upgrade"?  I don't care much about the shape issues pointed out in my previous thread.  Do the exhaust need "upgrading"  

The exhaust nozzles definitely need to be updated……highly recommend the KA nozzles!  They’re excellent! 

22 hours ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

The exhaust nozzles definitely need to be updated……highly recommend the KA nozzles!  They’re excellent! 

I'd be interested to know if anybody has actually installed the KA nozzles on the GWH kit, and if so, how it was done.

• 2 weeks later...

Well -

I ordered stuff from Honza, BAM, and Phase Hangar for my F-15.  I also grabbed the Quinta set for the PASS to use along with the BAM set and res-kit afterburners.  

Phase Hangar has current F-15 wheels.