How Is Jim Botaitis of J-Bot Decals (Canada) Fairing These Days?

How Is Jim Botaitis of J-Bot Decals (Canada) fairing these days?  He agreed to print some decals for me last June.  I sent payment a year ago tomorrow and have checked with him every 3 or 4 months.  I last checked with him on 5 May 2022 and he said, "I am still here, still printing. I think almost all your order is printed. I still have to print the Huey decals. Thank you for your continued patience. Jimbo"  I have sent him two emails since 5 May and have received no response. I am concerned for his health. Does anyone know how he is doing?

Kind regards,

Dutch 

I understand the debilitating effects of a stroke and the resulting bitter sentiments, but I would hope this is not how he would want to be remembered. Then again he may no longer care how he's remembered.

Well, I will keep praying for him. The decals and money are nothing of which to make an issue.  But if he suffered a stroke, then he needs our help.  Does anyone know if he does have family?  I do nursing home chaplaincy and family visits make a huge difference in a person's outlook.  I can't visit him, but I can pray for him. Oh well, I was really looking forward to the LAPD 1-Adam 12 TV Show decals. It is the last thing I need for my 1969 Plymouth Belvedere police cruiser model.

K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Emvar said:

Dutch,

Consider Above and Below decals..... amazing work and customer service!

Regards

Emil

Agreed, excellent. Spent far too much money there all ready.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:07 AM, Emvar said:

Dutch,

Consider Above and Below decals..... amazing work and customer service!

Regards

Emil

Emil,

Thank you, I have ordered from Above & Below two or three times already (& Shawn is right, a little pricey).  However, the subjects I ordered from Jim were specific to him, such as the 1-Adam 12 police cruiser decals and the SAC UH-1F decals.

K/r,

Dutch

31 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Emil,

Thank you, I have ordered from Above & Below two or three times already (& Shawn is right, a little pricey).  However, the subjects I ordered from Jim were specific to him, such as the 1-Adam 12 police cruiser decals and the SAC UH-1F decals.

K/r,

Dutch

I would not say too expensive. My order was for 8 different sheets of these great decals, THATS why it cost some coin.

On 7/5/2022 at 9:29 AM, phantom said:

I would not say too expensive. My order was for 8 different sheets of these great decals, THATS why it cost some coin.

True. They are worth the money, but the prices did go up from what Bill used to charge.  But then, prices have risen everywhere on just about everything, so why should decals be any different? Plus I am paying for shipping to USA, not domestic to Canada.

Edited by Dutch
  • 1 year later...

An update is in order.  

Jim Botaitis sent me an email early this month saying he finally printed my decal order.  He included scans with multiple decal prints showing including a Trump airliner and several Star Trek spacecraft and a Nasa 747 & shuttle, saying he would trim mine out and send them soon.  I told him THANK YOU!  Then last week he gave me shipping status.  He didn't respond to my query after his health, but I can't thank him enough as most of his artwork is unique.

So thank you, Jim!

K/r,

Dutch

Growing old sucks.  The alternative sucks even more.  My heart goes out to Jim.  I’ve seen the horrors of what strokes and bad health can do to people first hand.  Sometimes life really isn’t fair.  I had all kinds of plans of working on vintage and classic cars again after retirement.  Not gonna happen because the attempt would cripple me. 

• 4 weeks later...

I received my J-Bot decals yesterday, but not without some USPS shenanigans.  It had two yellow change of address labels over top one another, the upper most with my current address which matched the address Jim wrote on the envelope. 

Jim does great work, and I am very pleased to have these long sought after additions to the decal folder.  I sent him an email last night expressing my gratitude and pleasure with the decals.  I did not ask if he is making any more.  It sounded like he had just completed a large print job to clear his slate from a past backlog.  Thanks, JimBo!

K/r,

Dutch

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2023 at 12:38 AM, Snowbird3a said:

some of JBots catalogue is going to be printed by Above&Below Graphics

Tony

Tony,

Do you know which of the J-Bot decals will go to Above & Below?  The J-Bot page is till up and running.  There is no mention of Jim's stroke on the News / Updates page, but I placed several items in the cart, and when I went to checkout, then I received a message stating since his stroke he will no longer be taking orders.  Just curious.

Kind regards,

Dutch

9 hours ago, Dutch said:

Tony,

Do you know which of the J-Bot decals will go to Above & Below?  The J-Bot page is till up and running.  There is no mention of Jim's stroke on the News / Updates page, but I placed several items in the cart, and when I went to checkout, then I received a message stating since his stroke he will no longer be taking orders.  Just curious.

Kind regards,

Dutch

why not ask Andrew at Above&Below directly.   I know he has a presence over on Facebook.

Tony