CD48228 - 1/48 Aggressors Now and Then

CD48228 "Aggressors Now and Then" will be a multi-subject sheet with markings for a selection USAF aggressors of different types: F-5E, T-38, F-16, F-35 and Constant Peg markings for a USAF-operated MiG-23 and MiG-21. There will also be a 1/72 version.

Edited by KursadA
12 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Marine VMFT-401 F-5 "Snipers"

Maybe on a future USN Adversaries sheet but VMFT-401 would be out of place on a USAF Aggressors sheet...  😎

2 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Amy chance some 65 AGRS F-15s make the cut?   Decals for those birds are pretty hard to come by these days 

Steve

It was either the Constant Peg jets of the 65th AGRS F-15 : I don't have enough Constant Peg material for a dedicated sheet, so it makes sense to add them to this multi-subject sheet. I agree that the aggressor F-15s need a sheet of their own and I plan to address that in the future.

7 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Saw this and thought it was pretty interesting.   Would be a mother to mask off and paint.   Decals would be really helpful for the digital part.   Blue_Aggressor_F-16_covid-19_1.JPG

https://www.nellis.af.mil/News/Article/1857130/new-f-16-ghost-paint-scheme-brings-unique-look-to-64th-agrs/

This is the Ghost Aggressor. 

Definitely one of my favorites, along with the BDU splinter

16 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Saw this and thought it was pretty interesting.   Would be a mother to mask off and paint.   Decals would be really helpful for the digital part.   Blue_Aggressor_F-16_covid-19_1.JPG

https://www.nellis.af.mil/News/Article/1857130/new-f-16-ghost-paint-scheme-brings-unique-look-to-64th-agrs/

http://www.advmodprds.com/am48-308.html 

• 2 weeks later...

This sheet is coming in August/early Sept. Those MiG markings were bigger than I thought, so no T-38/F-5's on this one - sorry. I will definitely do a USAF aggressor T-38/F-5 sheet next year.

The six options on this sheet:

• F-35A  11-5020, 65 AGRS
  • F-35A  11-5021, 65 AGRS
  • F-16C 89-2048 "Wraith", 64 AGRS
  • MiG-21F-13  "bort 85"  4477th TES (Constant Peg)
  • MiG-23MS  "bort 49" 4477th TES (Constant Peg)
  • MiG-23BN "bort 74" 4477th TES (Constant Peg)

The Constant Peg MiGs on the sheet are based on declassified period photos and videos; and not repainted museum examples. Basically if it was not documented in the Davies or Peck books, or the recently declassified video footage; it is not here. I chose one of each of the three types flown by the unit.

cd48228.jpg

Edited by KursadA