Hobby Boss A-7A 1/48

5 hours ago, Crash Test Dummy said:

If you wanted an A-7E why didn't you buy an A-7E?  The A-7A kit builds an A-7A or A-7B.  The A-7E has a different fuselage sprue. The HobbyBoss A-7s also have numerous shape errors compared to the very good Hasegawa A-7E kit.  

I got this kit as a gift my friend. You can not chose what someone want to give you as a present :-), and that you dont know will he bring you that present,because that present is surprise.That is the reason why I ask this,this way :-), I hope that picture is clear now.

In short: not without a lot of work.

I found a thread where someone backdated an A-7E to A-7A, here is the list of modifications. For A-7A to A-7E reverse the modfications:

This is off the top of my head so there may be a few other things that I don’t list, converting an A-7E to an A-7A/B;
- Re-scribe all gun panels (basically, re-scribe entire nose from wings forward, esp the port side)
- Remove gun gas purge door on port side and add two gun exhaust vents on each side
- Add gun muzzle to starboard side, remove ECS intake
- Add gun muzzle to port side, remove M61A1 gun muzzle port completely
- Remove RWR Antenna’s from intake lip
- New cockpit Instrument Panel
- Remove “belly pans”
- Remove existing boarding ladder and redo like the F-8 boarding ladder
- For early A-7A, remove tail blister on vertical stab
- For early A-7A, remove tail antenna at base of vertical stab
- Relocate antenna on top just aft of cockpit to mid way between cockpit and wing leading edge (depending on configuration, check your reference)
- If you are going to have the Av-bay’s open, redo them, A-7A’s were slightly different the Echo’s. (different boxes in different locations)
- I don’t think the Alpha’s used the same EPP (RAT) as the Echo, will have to check that
- Delete ECS Exhaust port and remove panel line
- Do not install the waveguides (antenna looking thing that run from the Av-bays to above the MLG Wheel wells
- Air starter door on the port side verse starboard side
- Add small NACA intake to starboard side top, just forward of wing leading edge
- Depending on time frame/aircraft configuration, either delete or install KB-31 Strike Camera Fairing