21 minutes ago, MikeDadofFour said:

Why can’t anyone get the nose wheel well generally correct?  There’s no way the nose wheel could stow.

My guess it's a compromise to get a nose wheel well below the cockpit with the plastic being thicker that the actual structures would be if scaled down.

20 hours ago, YKM said:

Excellent example.  Texture not relief.  

101103-F-0990S-002.JPG

ssdn9i888v091.jpg?width=5184&format=pjpg

366b3q888v091.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

Increasingly it is obvious that stealth aircraft have a basic OML and a moldline 'under applique' stealth material.  And that this material is very carefully blended in with putty or some other technique, to the point where it both becomes 'GTW' very smooth _and_ changes the outline of the aircraft.

Kit makers need to be aware of this or they will get enough wrong to ruin the shape.

Acknowledging and replicating this is abouusing very fine, recessed, lines to denote major panel breaks (i.e. Academy's 1/72 F-22, Hasegawa's 1/72 F-35), coupled with the equivalent of armor modeler's anti-skid texturing on the absolute finest level possible.

I know it can be done, because I've seen it used as locators for deckhouse and guntubs etc. on naval models.  Just coarse enough not to be lost with paint but to change the reflectance pattern on the metallic schemes.

Stealth, _Is Not_ Steampunk.  No Boilerplate please.

8886290994_2bf8b4f04d_b_1.jpg?itok=NsbCw

I had a similar idea. You should send your  concept to modeling manufacturers that may produce  kit's of this subject in the future.  Companies like GWH, Kinetic's,

Minibase. 

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I see its not hit the racks at full retail price.

I would give it a few months then it will drop in price.

If you dont mind waiting I notice that Super Hobby over in Poland has much lower prices on Italscary kits than over here. Order enough and express shipping is free. Takes between 1 and 3 weeks for an order to show stateside.

I received my F-35B and analyzed it with the photogrammetry and other instruments I have. I will also need to intervene on horizontal stabilizers. Their correct inclination is about 5°, while on the Italeri model it is 8°. You can "force" the inclination and glue them in the right inclination, but then they don't connect well with the fuselage and I don't like the result. The Kitty Hawk kit also had this problem. My solution will be the 3D design of new horizontal stabilizers, where it will also be possible to adopt the "lowered" position they assume in vertical landing and takeoff. The video highlights a further reason for me to also make the vertical rudders, on the Italeri kit in addition to the dimensional problems already reported, they have a wrong inclination of 26 °, while the correct one is about 21 °. The profile in the view from behind also highlights a wrong shape. Note that on the Meng F-35A model (I remember that horizontal stabilizers and vertical drifts are "equal" on the F-35A and B these parts do not have significant differences and are substantially correct.

On 8/7/2022 at 11:30 PM, Bsin said:

I had a similar idea. You should send your  concept to modeling manufacturers that may produce  kit's of this subject in the future.  Companies like GWH, Kinetic's,

Minibase. 

Could they do it like the recent wave of three-d cockpit instrumentation?  As a kind of decal?

1 hour ago, Raptor71 said:

Yes... RAM coating is too thick. Keep in mind that I assembled the model with vinyl glue so that I can check the parts and be able to "disassemble" it when I proceed with the construction.F-35B Italeri and STT with ALBAR

That's way to thick!

21 minutes ago, TheGloriousTachikoma said:

Despite my winging I had put this kit on my list because it's a cool kit...this strikes it back off hard. 

I find it a decent kit, much better than the Kitty Hawk, both in general appearance and details. It also has a good breakdown. RAM coating in my opinion is not a big deal. You will notice much less in a painted model, keep in mind that the photo is taken wide angle so the defects are accentuated. It's a kit I would recommend if you want an F-35B. I expect a big improvement in appearance with the 3D parts I will design.

Thanks for these details. They are enjoyable to review. One slightly off-topic question for everyone in the knowing:

This is about Meng F-35A. When I joined the upper wing halves to the upper fuselage, I got a noticeable dihedral: 

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Matthias-Steiner-3/publication/313202088/figure/fig3/AS:457055027896322@1485981818914/Dihedral-angle-on-an-aircraft-wing-Jackson-2001.png

Granted, I did not glue the upper to the lower halves yet, so that may bring the wings down a bit, but I was surprised and started to question my assembly. 

So the question: In the real thing, are the wings simply parallel to the ground all the way from the wing root to the wing tips, or do they bend up a little at the wing roots to create a slight positive dihedral?

thanks. 

2 hours ago, Raptor71 said:

Yes... RAM coating is too thick. Keep in mind that I assembled the model with vinyl glue so that I can check the parts and be able to "disassemble" it when I proceed with the construction.F-35B Italeri and STT with ALBAR

image.png.02d13f4e6a8294c645731cc810f3ddc7.png

17 minutes ago, Janissary said:

Thanks for these details. They are enjoyable to review. One slightly off-topic question for everyone in the knowing:

This is about Meng F-35A. When I joined the upper wing halves to the upper fuselage, I got a noticeable dihedral: 

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Matthias-Steiner-3/publication/313202088/figure/fig3/AS:457055027896322@1485981818914/Dihedral-angle-on-an-aircraft-wing-Jackson-2001.png

Granted, I did not glue the upper to the lower halves yet, so that may bring the wings down a bit, but I was surprised and started to question my assembly. 

So the question: In the real thing, are the wings simply parallel to the ground all the way from the wing root to the wing tips, or do they bend up a little at the wing roots to create a slight positive dihedral?

thanks. 

I recommend gluing the two upper parts of the wings and fuselage. The wing dihedral will be 0. Then the lower part of the fuselage will beglued and only at the end the lower part of the wings. For any model that has this piece breakdown I use this method. It will be necessary to intervene with file or other roughing tools to force the wings into the right position.

Edited by Raptor71

RAM coating in my opinion is not a big deal. You will notice much less in a painted model, keep in mind that the photo is taken wide angle so the defects are accentuated.

I read this and it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is dating a woman with a good side and a bad side to look at. The photo makes it look like the RAM tape is at least twenty to thirty thou thick. It looks like BANDAI made a F35. 

I recommend gluing the two upper parts of the wings and fuselage. The wing dihedral will be 0. Then the lower part of the fuselage will beglued and only at the end the lower part of the wings. For any model that has this piece breakdown I use this method. It will be necessary to intervene with file or other roughing tools to force the wings into the right position.

Yes that is exactly what I did. I glued the upper wing halves to the upper fuselage to get as clean of a seam as possible at the upper wing-fuselage joint. Basically trying to get one big upper half and then one big lower half and glue them (just like how Hasegawa F-22 is).

I got the wings to lift up when I did that. I don't know if I was forcing to lift a little too much to lose the upper seam but whatever I did, it just didn't look right. Took a heat gun to it to flatten it out --> disaster.

Anyway, just wanted to know if I did something wrong or if the dihedral was supposed to be there. If I try this kit again, just want to get a good feel what to aim for when setting the glue. 

3 hours ago, TheGloriousTachikoma said:

I read this and it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is dating a woman with a good side and a bad side to look at. The photo makes it look like the RAM tape is at least twenty to thirty thou thick. It looks like BANDAI made a F35. 

So if we just build it at Monk's, it should look great!

18 hours ago, Raptor71 said:

I find it a decent kit, much better than the Kitty Hawk, both in general appearance and details. It also has a good breakdown. RAM coating in my opinion is not a big deal. You will notice much less in a painted model, keep in mind that the photo is taken wide angle so the defects are accentuated. It's a kit I would recommend if you want an F-35B. I expect a big improvement in appearance with the 3D parts I will design.

Will you make these parts  Is commercially available?