Source to buy just polycaps?

Does anyone know of a source to buy just polycaps? I need 50 polycaps, basically equivalent to what Tamiya uses for holding wheels on, for a random project I'm helping with. They worked perfectly on my prototypes, but I don't have enough spares leftover from failed car projects for my mini production run.

TIA!

I did a little Googling, and the only mention I found for them was for an out of production pack of 20 from Fujimi and a forum suggesting cutting some from poly tube from this site:  Polyethylene tube

EDIT: There are a bunch on eBay. I've found that different manufacturers use a couple of different diameters, so you'd probably be rolling the dice as to what size you get: eBay link

HTH.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

Great info about the tubing Ben.  I lost the polycaps on my F-14s once and was at a loss about where to get replacements.   Tamiya didn't seem to have replacements available.  I eventually found them but those tubes should give one an endless supply.  Just make sure the inner diameters match.

Thanks gents - I also found Wave made a series of different shapes for customizing Gundam kits, but they are all sold out like the Fujimi ones.  I've been looking at various gaskets and o-rings on McMaster that might do the job too.  

Thanks!

Nate

• 3 weeks later...